• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

Gotta time it right but this is a big change on the gfs for late next week MUCH colder
d9fd6ba0891180287f48a886ed4b67e7.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Idk if that big cutter right before this is going to help our cause

The blocking trying to develop is nice to see though. Pac is a mess and will be a mess until we get past phase 5.

View attachment 9318

Yep , plenty of cold in Canada as well . Funny part is even with the pacific being a mess with the press north of the Great Lakes the mid south could time an overrunning event if the stars lined up correctly .

But yeah the pacific is a hot mess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we could have a shot at another winter storm the first week of the New Year.

7-10 days after thunScreenshot_20181219-124108.pngderstorms, you get sleet and zr lol, anyways looks like models tryna latch on to maybe some overrunning

That upper disurbance may bring some light rain showers on Christmas Eve morning (timing may change) I doubt it will be cold enough for any frozen precip. areas south of TN. The northern fringes of TN into KY may get some light ice pellets/freezing drizzle/light freezing rain. The images are from the FV3, we might as well quit using the GFS.
2fa6cb274fe29bab1430d3278d18856c.gif

Last edited:
It's going to block all that mild Pacific air from leaving. That warm pool in the GOA is not doing its job at all. #warmpoolfakenewsfraud

Nah, it looks cool. Not saying I believe it but verbatim it looks like a step in the right direction. Need the Aleutian low to keep retrograding west to pump the western ridge to really get in the game...but hey, it'd be really nice if we get this look early January instead of mid/late. Probably a bit too early though.

1545244833977.png

Nah, it looks cool. Not saying I believe it but verbatim it looks like a step in the right direction. Need the Aleutian low to keep retrograding west to pump the western ridge to really get in the game...but hey, it'd be really nice if we get this look early January instead of mid/late. Probably a bit too early though.

View attachment 9323
The anomalies aren't bad. Not snowy weather, but no 70s at least. We do need that Aleutian Low to retrograde, as you said. Not going to get much of a flow out of the Arctic with continual storms in the GOA.

18z GFS has that weak disturbance, some may luck out and get some light snow/sleet early, early Christmas Eve morning. I hope it trends colder, I hate to miss out on some light snow/sleet on Christmas Eve. That's a win!
f1ecd8ad159b4f9c7e8656bfc689b527.jpg

Back