• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

Happy new year.

Hopefully a sign for the rest of winter
9ee6209efcbe4d284be6f8d078bccc2e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Lol, fine by me, as long as after that it looks like this...which it does. Cold comes in right after the new years torch.

1545157062366.png

FV3 and GFS both showing a cold start to 2019. Switching from 70 to cold in a couple of days. That could be a good sign.

Depending where you are in the SE anyway
It’s January 3rd. Our cold is coming as you can see from Webb and others. No point to worry about the next 10 days or so being warm. It was going to be and it’s fine , we are seeing everything line up to the starting lines. No torch and plenty of cold to come with a wet patterns to die for.

It’s January 3rd. Our cold is coming as you can see from Webb and others. No point to worry about the next 10 days or so being warm. It was going to be and it’s fine , we are seeing everything line up to the starting lines. No torch and plenty of cold to come with a wet patterns to die for.
I know that. :) I was speaking in a more concrete sense. Remember that last New Year was truly chilly. Probably spoiled us, lol. I'm feeling pretty good about mid January though.

I know that. :) I was speaking in a more concrete sense. Remember that last New Year was truly chilly. Probably spoiled us, lol. I'm feeling pretty good about mid January though.
I understand and no disrespect towards your post. I just hope the good signs keep rolling. Hopefully we have a winter were the banter thread isn’t the most popular.

Wow...Op Euro now going split at day 10. Wish we had EPS day 10+.

View attachment 9290
I have a confession to make: After being a pretender for a long time, I have no idea how to read this map. I just rely on others to tell me if it's good or not. Does this mean it will probably snow at my house?

Man, it feels good to get that off my chest!

I have a confession to make: After being a pretender for a long time, I have no idea how to read this map. I just rely on others to tell me if it's good or not. Does this mean it will probably snow at my house?

Confession is good for the soul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a confession as well ....

I have little faith in a split and its downstream impacts for my backyard . We hear the same stuff every winter about splits , while all the hype this winter has excited me I will admit I am a skeptic.

Damn that felt good !!

I have a confession as well ....

I have little faith in a split and its downstream impacts for my backyard . We hear the same stuff every winter about splits , while all the hype this winter has excited me I will admit I am a skeptic.

Damn that felt good !!

Yeah...it seems like the entire globe expects snow/cold to descend upon them after a SSW.

Edit: Though I should add that I expect this winter strat stuff to actually be a big help to us. Early season SSW with weak/mod nino...

Last edited:

I just see lots of blue colors imby and that gets the adrenaline pumping

Back