Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
12z euro
d961c244d57a36cc7329279056768b3a.png
574cfa6ee56166d26500db234579f229.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just your typical Alabama December rainy day. ??

Cold deep air will wrap behind that low because it's a dynamic system. Not only that, there would be convective instability, so the rates of precip. will be high. The surface temps maybe in the 40s behind that low, but since there would be convective instability, dynamic cooling comes into play. So, it's possible that those surface temps drop to marginal readings (32-34f) If the snowfall rate overcomes the point of melting, there would be some accumulations.

There will probably be some graupel In those heavier rates due to steep lapse rates/very quick cooling aloft which Will also help to drag down some cooler air, kinda like a downpour/thunderstorm, speaking of thunderstorms, whoever sees 250+jkg of cape in the warm sector should watch for severe weather, sure there might be limiting factors like cloud cover and a skinny cape sounding but that jet streak looks to be strong, wouldent take much instability

If Montgomery, AL, were to officially get even just a trace of snow out of this, I’ll not post for a week after the snow.

Well we got snow on Nov 15 when no one was expecting it so I mean it’s not like it’s some impossible feat. I mean I don’t really care about accumulations if that’s how I’m coming off, if I just see flakes I’m satisfied. That said, it’s unlikely but not impossible.

Last edited:
Reactions: accu35 and GaWx
Oh yes you will, or you'll have a visitor from Hogtown to feed until you resume ... :cool:

Phil,
I'll keep my promise if it were to unexpectedly happen and we could PM if we wanted for exactly one week after I know they got a trace+ if it were to happen. I'm going to go strictly by the official station only (MGM). But I'm not worried about it or else I wouldn't have made that promise, of course.
As it stands now, there likely won't be too much to discuss interesting wxwise for the week after, regardless, as it appears no cold pattern change will start before the last few days of the year at the earliest.

Reactions: pcbjr
Phil,
I'll keep my promise if it were to unexpectedly happen and we could PM if we wanted for exactly one week after I know they got a trace+ if it were to happen. I'm going to go strictly by the official station only (MGM). But I'm not worried about it or else I wouldn't have made that promise, of course.
As it stands now, there likely won't be too much to discuss interesting wxwise for the week after, regardless, as it appears no cold pattern change will start before the last few days of the year at the earliest.

I see you don't wanna feed me ... understandable ... LOL
;)
In all seriousness, Larry, you're right, but the temptation not to josh you was too strong, for as you say, "as it appears no cold pattern change will start before the last few days of the year at the earliest..."
Best, My Man!
Phil

Reactions: GaWx