• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

Here’s the precipitation type map.
c2742e365489403c80fc36892a4c507d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yawn , I’m so tired of all the rain we need to dry out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah 2m temps are a big problem delta... another cold rain shapping up. yuck

I really hope 2m temps aren't going to be a common problem with us this winter. The upper and mid levels are cooperating, but just like with the ULL last week, this ULL has the same problem with surface/lower level temps. Where is the cold air at? I guess we'll have to wait until January.

I really hope 2m temps aren't going to be a common problem with us this winter. The upper and mid levels are cooperating, but just like with the ULL last week, this ULL has the same problem with surface/lower level temps. Where is the cold air at? I guess we'll have to wait until January.

It’s so weird, like I alluded to last week, it’s like we’re in a late winter, early spring type pattern where we’re getting great setups but it’s cool and not cold.

The system after has my attention and it's still about 200 hours away, cmc shows some light wintry precip breaking out in tennessee with HP to the north of the storm, the gfs had this a few runs ago

Just need some stronger hps and more of a cad in the carolinas, alot of time for this to change for the better or worse,

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181215-113734.png
    Screenshot_20181215-113734.png
    695.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20181215-114423.png
    Screenshot_20181215-114423.png
    695.9 KB · Views: 27
IF next weekend actually shakes out as shown on the GFS, I'm going to miss out on seeing possible token flakes to a dusting by a little over a day...darn it lol.

Last edited:
Getting more interested in Christmas Day system, H5 look for today’s GFS and especially the CMC is not bad, at least workable. Need to start seeing a trend towards a stronger cold push and high pressure up north, but still a long way to go.

12z FV3 is colder, there's going to be more wrap around snows further south verses 12z GFS. Good mountain snows to across eastern TN/western NC.
Getting more interested in Christmas Day system, H5 look for today’s GFS and especially the CMC is not bad, at least workable. Need to start seeing a trend towards a stronger cold push and high pressure up north, but still a long way to go.

This does look better

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/ana...region=us&pkg=asnow&runtime=2018121512&fh=240

Back