• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

Legs? No GL low. Banana high building in. 50/50 low hanging out. Big ridge near Greenland. Nice ridge out west. Just need to get rid of that pesky Alaskan low. This is the 384 GFS but you could imagine if it was in NAM range! ?☹️?9E9FF276-87DB-4775-ADA7-F72D95E7B8E7.png905A3BF6-8CC9-4843-BEF7-968CF72D64B3.png

Not sure why our cold air would be trapped on the other side of the hemisphere, though. What gives? Shortage of bath water? Now I see why everyone was in panic mode earlier..60A66139-F58D-4F56-A1DE-C02D2B244525.png

Beginning to hate the acronym MJO as much as SER. Last year the SER was trying to be a player around Christmas wreaking havoc on my ski trip to WVa (thankfully it didn’t), this year it’s the MJO. Here’s to hoping this Christmas and New Years are colder and snowier than things look like they’ll be.

Legs? No GL low. Banana high building in. 50/50 low hanging out. Big ridge near Greenland. Nice ridge out west. Just need to get rid of that pesky Alaskan low. This is the 384 GFS but you could imagine if it was in NAM range! ?☹️?View attachment 9153View attachment 9152

The people in panic mode are the same ones who will be excited when the long range models flip to cold. They have flipped back and forth the entire past few months. As far as the operational models go, I think we should ban the posting of them 240hrs+ out. Should cut down on the panic.

Not sure why our cold air would be trapped on the other side of the hemisphere, though. What gives? Shortage of bath water? Now I see why everyone was in panic mode earlier..View attachment 9154
The nights are long, it won’t take much to get Canada cold again. Red anomalies for them, are still 20 degrees below normal for us! Our time is coming!

Not sure why our cold air would be trapped on the other side of the hemisphere, though. What gives? Shortage of bath water? Now I see why everyone was in panic mode earlier..View attachment 9154
Stratospheric warming, basically a PV displacement. Perhaps, the PV will be on our side of the world later this winter. It will still get cold throughout the Nation. For now, there just won't be any severe cold outbreaks.

Last edited:
0z GFS, that ULL is something new. It may not mean anything, but still interesting to see that new feature.
9cb12d575550b9a83ae5ff9ceb97f09a.jpg

Back