• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

We interrupt this wx message board for the following bulletin. Do not, repeat, do not look at the brand new Euro weeklies, nor the 12Z EPS 11-15 for that matter. For future use, I'm trying to get us a toss, like what all SouthernWx members have for the 18Z GFS, established for the weeklies. But since we don't have it as of the present time, we're unable to toss right now. Please do not shoot the friendly messenger. I'm merely doing my job of communicating. Now back to regular messaging.

I toss when they are cold and toss when they are hot . They are wildly different from week to week . Thanks for the warning ,I won’t look now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I toss when they are cold and toss when they are hot . They are wildly different from week to week . Thanks for the warning ,I won’t look now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct, weeklies pretty much say we are having a backloaded winter( we knew that). We still have to push through MJO warm phases 3-7 which we wil but it looks like it will be mid January. All good here. We all will see snow here. No cliff jumping.

We interrupt this wx message board for the following bulletin. Do not, repeat, do not toss the 18Z GEFS 11-16. We now return you to regular messaging,

Can we toss the handful of frames the whole run that do not have below average temps? Or is against the toss rules?

No more interruptions Larry!!!! Lol
Can we toss the handful of frames the whole run that do not have below average temps? Or is against the toss rules?

Maybe someone else will correct me, but my understanding is that that is definitely against the SouthernWx Toss Rule. Either toss the whole thing or none can be tossed. And of course no wx weenie in their right mind would toss it.

Maybe someone else will correct me, but my understanding is that that is definitely against the SouthernWx Toss Rule. Either toss the whole thing or none can be tossed. And of course no wx weenie in their right mind would toss it.
warm rain ...

I’d like to hear Mack’s take on the SSW and the SAI before making up my mind. @Tarheel1
I think you know where I stand on SSW! And snowcover theories! I guess as far as weeklies go, booty is in the eye of the beholder. MA don’t seem as pessimistic as GAWX0413CEEE-33AA-4317-9FA4-CD0CD550E2C0.png0413CEEE-33AA-4317-9FA4-CD0CD550E2C0.png

I think you know where I stand on SSW! And snowcover theories! I guess as far as weeklies go, booty is in the eye of the beholder. MA don’t seem as pessimistic as GAWXView attachment 9148View attachment 9148

The MA isn't as pessimistic as GaWx because they get way more snow than the SE and can still get snow when things don't line up nearly perfectly. They are warmer than normal weeks 1-4 and near normal weeks 5-6. So, admittedly weeks 5-6 aren't bad at all. But weeks 1-4 are not what most here would want to see.

Back