• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

The weeklies are trash that far out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sometimes that is true but it did predict this warm up we have coming. If we aren't going to talk about what the models show, good and bad, why do we have these threads? Just reporting what I saw, if you don't like it, then don't read them.

RIF, that is why I said IF and that it was long range projection
Ok. I'm hoping we can at least score with another storm similar to what was just saw but with colder air. Doesn't have to be extreme cold since the snowpack will be there.

Sometimes that is true but it did predict this warm up we have coming. If we aren't going to talk about what the models show, good and bad, why do we have these threads? Just reporting what I saw, if you don't like it, then don't read them.

I’m fine with it. I meant nothing by my comment towards you. I just don’t think the models have a solid handle on what will or won’t happen w/the stratospheric warming event...

So I guess we should hug the CFSV2
098e3682987b846d0167c97606edcf9d.jpg

Trash model. We toss

I think we will probably be on the warmer side of things next 2-3 weeks, we are in MJO hell right now. Though, with how active we seem to be the warmth may be muted for the SE and centered in the plains. Models agree on a slow crawl through the warm phases, just glad we aren't doing this end of January.

Though on a positive note, traveling through ph3-6 should be a necessary evil for the strat help we hope to get.

EMON_phase_MANOM_51m_small.gif
nino_5_dic_mid.png

14-km EPS Global Northern Hemisphere 5-day Avg 500Z Anom 360 (14).png

I think we will probably be on the warmer side of things next 2-3 weeks, we are in MJO hell right now. Though, with how active we seem to be the warmth may be muted for the SE and centered in the plains. Models agree on a slow crawl through the warm phases, just glad we aren't doing this end of January.

Though on a positive note, traveling through ph3-6 should be a necessary evil for the strat help we hope to get.

View attachment 9144
View attachment 9143

View attachment 9145
?- to get our cold we have to go through warm phases, happens every year everywhere. Everything is still on track for a cold January- March. The lag time is always off 1-2 weeks. The models will catch up so I don’t ever worry what they are saying at the moment.

?- to get our cold we have to go through warm phases, happens every year everywhere. Everything is still on track for a cold January- March. The lag time is always off 1-2 weeks. The models will catch up so I don’t ever worry what they are saying at the moment.

Agreed...it's going to painful the next 2-3 weeks but back half should be great. Atleast that's what I am telling myself.

View attachment 9144
View attachment 9143

View attachment 9145

Yeah, winter is on break for a while. I wouldn't expect things to pick back up until the second week of January when we get back into phase 8 mjo. That corresponds to the weeklies as well. The good news, the -AO is getting going and it's getting blocky up north as expected. We've just got the ridges and troughs in all the wrong places. After New Years I bet we're rollin again.

I certainly didn't mean to imply that the EURO weeklies are always right or set in stone. I consider it more of a warning shot that we might not get the cold as early as we thought or want. However as GaStorm mentioned, you can get snow if the placement of a strong high to our north and a southerly storm track without a lot of cold air (ergo last weekend for the western and some central parts of NC.) To get the vast majority of the board involved however, we will need stable fresh cold to have a shot for our friends in Ala Miss., Ga, SC, Tn, and the eastern part of NC

I remember all of this pattern relaxation complacent torch talk about the same time last year. The bottom fell out around New Years

Well, we’re punting until mid January now!? Nice!
Glad we got that roof crushing , tree killing, historic snowstorm out of the way! I’ve already got 25% of normal snowfall! Gonna be a 09/10 redux! Backloaded backpedaling

I certainly didn't mean to imply that the EURO weeklies are always right or set in stone. I consider it more of a warning shot that we might not get the cold as early as we thought or want. However as GaStorm mentioned, you can get snow if the placement of a strong high to our north and a southerly storm track without a lot of cold air (ergo last weekend for the western and some central parts of NC.) To get the vast majority of the board involved however, we will need stable fresh cold to have a shot for our friends in Ala Miss., Ga, SC, Tn, and the eastern part of NC
Another repeat with more snowpack would allow a better setup in the CAD areas for sure.

Back