• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

It's not cold enough to support snowfall on the 12z CMC, the highest elevations may get something out of it. Still, lots of time for better trends. The Euro and CMC are doing really well so far with the system around the 20th or so. The 0z Euro has light back side snow for a good bit of folks in the southeast.

12z CMC, it's looking better and better.
bd7ab2911de6fb04e3118dc1109da5b4.gif

Two things...
1. It’s the CMC you are using...
2. No cold air...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we could substitute that High over Louisiana with that Low east of NY we’d be in business! ☹️
CB130AB2-26B4-42AE-AC8C-763D7A02460A.png

It’s close for some. How do phasers work out for areas east of the mountains?
I'm more just looking at the potential for a clipper around Christmas for some light snows (6z FV3 was close just need more digging). In that setup a phase would likely be too warm for most east of the mountains (potential backside snow if things worked out right but that'd be about it most likely).

I'm more just looking at the potential for a clipper around Christmas for some light snows (6z FV3 was close just need more digging). In that setup a phase would likely be too warm for most east of the mountains (potential backside snow if things worked out right but that'd be about it most likely).
We had a hybrid clipper here last year that worked out for a lot of people. Upstate included. Curious to
see how that energy in the gulf comes into play

FV3 was close again for Christmas. Seems like we might just be watching to see if we can get a beefed up clipper from what I saw on H5 (and for my purposes I'd want it to start beefing up a little quicker), but we'll see how it looks at around hour 240.

Back