• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

12z CMC has the idea, too strong of a northern stream, it's shearing out that energy down across the GOM, keeping it from developing into a healthy low. Of course, the looks of this will change. Look how soild that western ridge is though, if any low does develop, it would definitely would be a text book Miller A, or a southern slider. The storm could amp up as well, depending on if there will be any high latitude blocking. It's possible the PNA could have a massive positive spike over the coming days.
a13900e47bb910ed5ad8317841b21e0a.jpg
171289c6da7e30b11f7827ec8b5bcc6d.jpg

Yeah, a few years ago we had a very warm, muggy Christmas with fresh fire ant hills everywhere and some trees were budding

John Cessarich noted that cold air hanging out in southeastern Canada..somebody’s been model watching! He looked giddy like he wanted to share with the public the long range outlook

54fa9ce7b3ef5bca3cafb618186430d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Don’t worry, if we get a storm it will make its own cold air

54fa9ce7b3ef5bca3cafb618186430d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don’t worry, if we get a storm it will make its own cold air[/QUOTE]

I'm probably alone when I say this, but I approve of this map. Above normal temps in December doesn't feel all that bad ! Now if this were July, that map would be looking ugly ! I'm sure all the golfers out there wouldn't mind some warmth ;)

Im kinda surprised the west coast of FL doesnt get more ocean effect snow. You would think those cold northerly winds coming off the Gulf would produce snow more often, kinda like how cold air moving over the Great Lakes produce Lake Effect Snow.
I remember when that Christmas Snow of 04 went through south TX and just south of here there was lake effect snow coming off of Lake Pontchartrain over New Orleans. But you're right, that's kinda rare in these latitudes.

Back