• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

Lots of potential on the 12z FV3 after that warm cutter around hr250. Everything after that is up in the air. Can’t ask for a better LR Christmas look. Seems like most years we are looking at deep red anomolies in the SE so the little pieces of energy flying around are irrelevant

Per FV3, In the long range, the Northern stream is way too active for my liking. We can still score but I just don’t love it. I have to complain about something

Didn't show a storm this time but the FV3 still looked nice to me. Bring it on, considering that the early December storm was shown in some kind of form at 384, I'm actually pretty excited about that timeframe. Would love to get stuck in Lafayette for a bit. :cool:

Someone had posted an image of the FV3 having the right idea about the previous storm more than 300 hours out, btw. Not that it played out the exact way or anything, but it did long range nail the storm in the correct time frame, high and all.

Seeing a potential storm of some sort around Christmas on the FV3 is quite interesting. The GFS also has an idea about some Gulf mischief.

To get significant snow to Phil, you pretty much need a low crossing FL south of Tampa-Orlando, preferably crossing Ft. Myers south. Of course, that would mean the northern SE would mainly get left out. Exception was Feb of 1899.

This one

8bb30763ad74db15ea9e2a61fcc609f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Per FV3, In the long range, the Northern stream is way too active for my liking. We can still score but I just don’t love it. I have to complain about something
That sounds great! We get our best snows from clippers!! I’m all in and no warm noses!

This is fake news .

That is a good winter storm . I’d almost kill for that

I agree, Any snow of 2 inches or more is plenty of snow and enough to cover everything in white. In fact I’d much rather have 3-4 snows of 2-3 inches throughout the winter then one big dog of 6 inches or more. You will never see me complaining if I have at least 2 inches of snow on the ground. I’d bet a lot of people who got a big snow in Carolina recently would take it back if they were told it’s the only snow you’ll see, or you can trade it for 3-5 snows of 2-4 inches throughout the rest of winter.

I agree, Any snow of 2 inches or more is plenty of snow and enough to cover everything in white. In fact I’d much rather have 3-4 snows of 2-3 inches throughout the winter then one big dog of 6 inches or more. You will never see me complaining if I have at least 2 inches of snow on the ground. I’d bet a lot of people who got a big snow in Carolina recently would take it back if they were told it’s the only snow you’ll see, or you can trade it for 3-5 snows of 2-4 inches throughout the rest of winter.
2 inches is fine as long as it’s not preceded by 2” of rain. It’s just a damn mess

Just fotracks, although the Euro and FV3 are not to dissimilar but being only 96 hours out let's see how they perform

Should we start making a list of things you'd do for a winter storm..... it's borderline disturbing Lol

1) loan out wife
2) kill for 2 inches and ice
3)

2 inches in the Georgia piedmont is just perfect.

Back