• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

Around Christmas i think we have a good shot at something for the SE now if it’s rain or snow to be determined gotta have the system otherwise the cold won’t matter. Right now system nxt up the cold

Should be a good number of low 20's and teens tonight, especially over the snow pack, some mid teens probably not out of the question.... first bitter cold night of the year.

Got the low running underneath, some cold pressing down, just need the low under the panhandle, and get it all timed up and it's another Xmas storm :) Plenty of time to switch the "ifs" to "ares", lol. So what's that, like two times in 100 years to get an inch or more in here on Xmas day? Odds are picking up :) T

12z fv3 says merry torchmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well let's see ...

Negative EPO, Negative AO, Positive PNA ... what could be the fly in the ointment?

Maybe a Positive NAO (but blocking isn't so crucial nationwide; the models are showing warm coast to coast, so the the NAO is really a non-player this go-around).

The real fly, IMHO, is again the tropics half way across the world ... our old MJO friend with no good mojo ...

4indices.pngao.mrf.gifALL_emean_phase_full.gif

o_O

I’m interested in knowing the type of weather Alaska was having during super El Niño’s. I really think it is good for the southeast if the Bay of Alaska is above average temps. Also during super El Niño’s we didn’t fare as well. Western ridges has been great so far this year and looking at Weeklies, I like what I see for January.

Hello there
f62075cce7a2e47f09bb27c5ab305cc8.jpg
dde2b88b58a4af069d62d43a3d8d1ab2.jpg

Don’t worry, plenty more dissapointments coming this winter! The 2009/10 redux incoming!! Just wait till #SSWBESTWINTEREVER!
#NINO #SUNANGLE #WARMNOSE
The warm nose is the worst. I can't get over how the apex of the curve of the southern part of the snow line hits SE Wake perfectly. I mean, had it been pretty much a straight line from the 9.1 to the 2.6, we would have probably had 3-4", which would have been easy to live with. I literally went less than 3 miles north (it was probably more like 2) and they had a good 3" on the ground.

Back