• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

The 18z FV3 is very interesting. After the big possible phaser next week, it repeats the same senario almost twice more. Once more about three days later and again near Christmas. If this becomes the theme as it gets colder again, we wont make it.
Wasn’t this last storm a cutter that trended south?

Actually, the FV3 showed a winter storm, then was cutting consistently while other models were south, then eventually I think on the day we started the storm thread for this previous winter storm, it pumped out an absolute weenie clown map and pretty much locked into a SE winter storm the rest of the way.

It showed the winter storm at HR 384, btw lmao.

EPO looks to go negative, PNA a raging positive, AO way down ... and every forecast is for a warm 2nd half of the month ... what could go (be) wrong? Maybe MJO phases 4 and 5 ... :confused:

Last edited:
The 18z FV3 is very interesting. After the big possible phaser next week, it repeats the same senario almost twice more. Once more about three days later and again near Christmas. If this becomes the theme as it gets colder again, we wont make it.
Yea here it is. 26C0E795-C6AD-4D0F-ACBE-A901F2AA7A74.gif

Hopefully southern Wake County gets a nice winter storm soon. You guys are due. Southeastern Wake has probably received less than half of the snowfall that Northwestern Wake has in the past few years. I'm not expecting anything for the next 2-3 weeks but maybe you'll get another chance in January.
Thanks! I hope we get a good one this winter!

Rain cold, I got about 1 1/2 inch of sleet out of about 3.2” of qpf!! Temp was 34 degrees at lowest point! What could have been......?
The stickage and accums on the roads especially, were very impressive for a 34-37 degree sleet event! Rates did overcome !!!

Back