• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

Word from the other board, Ukie was a good look!

Well, my wife will be happy in that case. She loves storms. We actually had a few storms in this area tonight with lighting. Almost like summertime storms. Very cool to see lighting and hear thunder in December.
That means Snow within 10 days!

With a low pressure near Tuscaloosa why is it showing rain all the way to Louisville? Just not a lot of cold air to work with?

This is definitely still ensemble range imo.. they have only trended better for cad regions. I’m fairly optimistic that this threat materializes for someone in the southeast.. NC &VA look pretty.

I kinda see what you are saying.. At least to my untrained eye.
This is one thing I would learn to read. But never have.
Shouldn’t the icon should be showing a more snowier solution since it is digging more??
Digging supposed to be better in this solution?? Right???
Depends on how much confluence is left by the time it arrives. If nothing changes with the northern stream timing -- which it probably will for better or worse who knows -- then slower would not be more favorable because the high will begin to slide offshore AND you lose the suppression factor that will keep the system further south. Still just too far out to make any definitive statements, but as deltadog said this is highly dependent on timing and a lot of moving parts, which is why I think at this lead with the trends it's not something I'd get too excited about...yet.

Can someone post the gfs ensembles.

83b2763150f73e66adc1884be93a5af7.jpg

I hope we aren’t about to pull a Georgia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s up with the double barrel low look now? I think every model has had it at 12z so far? Is that the “transfer” to the other side of the mountains I’m seeing?

Okay, those ensembles look great! I think we should just forget about the OP models for now, and use just the ensembles since they are performing better than the OP models.

Back