• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry December 4-7 Winter Precip Chance

Um... snow report downtown Columbia and a sleet report just NE of the city
That wasn't a snow report, it was the icon for Snow/Graupel that is lumped together on mPing. In the heaviest of rain there was a small amout of graupel mixed just east of downtown Columbia around 16:15 yesterday and I learned the hard way because I was running in it ?

RDU reported a Trace of snow yesterday. So this saves us from being totally blanked this winter. modernweenie

SNOWFALL (IN)
YESTERDAY T
MONTH TO DATE T
SINCE DEC 1 T
SNOW DEPTH 0

Just curious what really qualifies as a trace of snow. A few flurries? I guess any snow that falls is considered a trace, and then its measured in dusting/inches going foward? I saw like 3 flakes. Maybe as the line headed eastward into Apex/Cary/Raleigh the snowfall was more abundant?

That wasn't a snow report, it was the icon for Snow/Graupel that is lumped together on mPing. In the heaviest of rain there was a small amout of graupel mixed just east of downtown Columbia around 16:15 yesterday and I learned the hard way because I was running in it ?
Well hey at least we got ground truth

Just curious what really qualifies as a trace of snow. A few flurries? I guess any snow that falls is considered a trace, and then its measured in dusting/inches going foward? I saw like 3 flakes. Maybe as the line headed eastward into Apex/Cary/Raleigh the snowfall was more abundant?
It really got going over central and east wake into johnston

Back