• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry December 23-26 2022 Winter Weather and Cold

I’m still looking forward to the extreme nature of this but I used to enjoy it more before I was a home owner. Now I’m in a new to me home and not sure how it will handle it.
Hey, man, Happy Happy! Do you have trees? I took down a huge oak right next to the house because it had a 8 foot tall hollow out of it about 20 feet up. Glad I did with some severe thunder storm winds not too many weeks after and now this, lol. I've been cutting it up for fire wood, so if next winter is a good winter, I have cords of new wood now. Hope you new house has it's trees a bit off aways....and if not, well, they make good emergency heat. There was a front like this in the 90's where I went into the back yard and it was 60 and I had my winter coat, and an hour later it was snowing, lol. I love stuff like this. Anomalous weather can't be beat.

Hey, man, Happy Happy! Do you have trees? I took down a huge oak right next to the house because it had a 8 foot tall hollow out of it about 20 feet up. Glad I did with some severe thunder storm winds not too many weeks after and now this, lol. I've been cutting it up for fire wood, so if next winter is a good winter, I have cords of new wood now. Hope you new house has it's trees a bit off aways....and if not, well, they make good emergency heat. There was a front like this in the 90's where I went into the back yard and it was 60 and I had my winter coat, and an hour later it was snowing, lol. I love stuff like this. Anomalous weather can't be beat.
I’m good in the tree department with none in reach of the house. There’s a few Pines that may have a chance in 10 years or so. The basement is well insulated and the water lines are deep. I’ve got the chickens tarped in good and tight too.

I’m good in the tree department with none in reach of the house. There’s a few Pines that may have a chance in 10 years or so. The basement is well insulated and the water lines are deep. I’ve got the chickens tarped in good and tight too.
Sounds like you're good. I did some prep work yesterday and today too. Never can be too prepared for nature. When she swats, she swats good. I just hope some of those flurries make it here. I'll be out looking and experiencing the frontal passage. Can't wait to get my camera drone up and see if I can catch the Atl lights from 40 miles away. During the smoggly summer, I was able to see the sky line thru the haze, so I'm sure when the winds settle and I can get up 380 feet, I'll be able to see Atl really well. And if there is some snow in patches, even better. But I really want to look down on 8 inches of snow and sleet....let this be my winter for it, lol. Congrats on the new house!

Back