• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry December 23-26 2022 Winter Weather and Cold

Some changes are afoot with the 12Z Euro. Taller ridge, more separation of the TPV over southern Canada. Let's see if much changes as the run continues.

Euro
1671807600-mhLou4dIk9Y.png

My goodness, I move to Maine and ya'll are going to be colder than I am! It's currently 35 and snowing (not sticking) in Cutler and the lows aren't going to be anywhere near what ya'll are going to get! Good luck with the snow for everyone, its just crazy that I move away and the south gets cold in winter! Stay safe and warm!!!

My goodness, I move to Maine and ya'll are going to be colder than I am! It's currently 35 and snowing (not sticking) in Cutler and the lows aren't going to be anywhere near what ya'll are going to get! Good luck with the snow for everyone, its just crazy that I move away and the south gets cold in winter! Stay safe and warm!!!
How do you like living in Maine ? It looks like you are close to the easternmost point in all of the US. Your sunset today is 350pm !

These type of fronts tend to drill southward.

How do you like living in Maine ? It looks like you are close to the easternmost point in all of the US. Your sunset today is 350pm !
It's been weird getting use to sunset before 5pm! Got to learn to stay up and go on with the day until bedtime or you can mess up your sleep schedule! I hope ya'll get some snow all across the south!!! The southern states deserve it!!!!

Tulsa AFD

Precipitation wise Wednesday night into Thursday...snow
accumulations look to be possible across Northeast Oklahoma into
Northwest Arkansas. Precise amounts will continue to be refined
as the exact track of the low pressure system become more defined.
At the same time...with the gusty winds and cold/drier
airmass...snow ratios could be high enough to create
impacts/blowing snow across parts of the CWA.

Gusty winds of 20-35
mph continuing Thursday night along with low temps in the 5 deg
below zero to around 5 deg above zero Friday morning...will
create wind chill values in the 20 to 30 deg below zero over most
of the CWA.
Confidence continues to increase with the strength of
the Arctic air and the wind chill forecasts into Friday.

EDA00F3D-D2A8-4557-9587-459E655E689D.png
Why does this energy stop there? Is there any chance this survives? So close

Back