• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm

Getting closer in Atlanta
66ca81e4ef9cf7dd9eea24847f28b74f.jpg
bf15f05e2d273f8323bfb6d1eef6a94e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well if it's showing that and potentially underestimating the CAD, and since it's trending more towards a colder CAD setup, we should see that line come further south.

Thanks for your explanation. My feeling is that you base everything on the GFS and I don't trust ANY global model to make a flat statement like you made even though it is possible based of your reasoning. However, until the NAM and RGEM get into range I won't agree that it will go farther west than the Triad area. That is fine though, everyone including me make some flat statements that end up proven wrong.

It's possible lol. I'm most familiar with the caviots of the GFS, but I do know CAD, nwp and "well forecast" can never be used in the same sentence. I'll probably look at some peer reviewed articles about nwp and CAD tonight. While it sounds like I'm cherry picking, I do recall Jan 2017 being in >95% probs of 6" of snow on the EPS in Raleigh, but it RAINED the whole night, with a dusting at the end of the precip

Does the backside make it in here, Kylo?

You think you would have a snowier look further south with the low being further south.

It's because y'all are looking for the "L" not the isobars. The system a hybrid miller A/B with the energy transfer. The first low is sitting over AL with the secondary starting to form over FL. However, this only matters for the back end snow possible for the Carolina's.

Back