• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm

The moisture fetch from this system is going to be insane, already blossoming up across the Arklatex region right now. I haven't check to any ground truth to it yet, but just the fact that it's revving up now gets you hyped to start transitioning into storm mode now that we finally have something to watch evolve within hours. I wonder if we'll be over or under 50 here tomorrow, I'm betting under especially if the layer of clouds streaming in tonight thicken up after sunrise and throughout the day tomorrow.

its been raining here almost all day tons of moisture already

and this isnt even the main event

Holy smokes and most of this would be snow.... incredible shifts tonight
b64596e4ade2ec966b43c9154cc3c339.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I would be hesitant to compare the Arklatex region ground truth with what’s coming to NC. We have the CAD.

Wow, after that 0Z GFS run the FV3 brings the snow totals back up in NE Georgia (Kuchera ratio on Pivotal, so no ice in this). MBY, in NE Forsyth County, gets a solid 1-1.5 inches. Totals of 6-10 inches in the NE Georgia mountains.

We also get 0.16 inch of ZR here, which is a sizable icing scenario depending on temps. Would think that may cause some issues on bridges and with some smaller trees. Higher totals east of here, which definitely is concerning.

Going to be a fun next couple of days as we turn to the near-range models and nowcasting. Be safe, all.

--30--

Back