• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm

Not sure why you say oh so close. Euro has been showing RDU with a good hit the past two days.

Because a lot of liquid will be a mixed bag as I see it now. I don't put as much weight into those colored maps as you do. If we stay snow longer great. It's getting time to move away from ensemble means and focus on the hi res models a bit more so well see

Yeah around raleigh, even into the triad there will be sleet, question Is how quick the warm nose takes over, same story for CLT

I will say on the Feb 2014 storm I remember all models showing snow to rain in a similar setup. The cad wedged in and delivered a monster front end thump and Rdu never made the flip to rain but rather flipped to heavy sleet. Models had shown the rain transition non stop

I will say on the Feb 2014 storm I remember all models showing snow to rain in a similar setup. The cad wedged in and delivered a monster front end thump and Rdu never made the flip to rain but rather flipped to heavy sleet. Models had shown the rain transition non stop

The preceding airmass even before evaporative cooling looked cooler at GSO than this one is forecast to be, thus even with a slightly weaker CAD high in Feb 2014, we had generally more wiggle room to work w/ before enough WAA was observed to change the p-types over to IP and ZR. There was also an overrunning event in southern NC the preceding day that probably contributed somewhat to helping lock in the cold that we won't have the luxury of seeing here.

Looking more and more like the best chance at a decent snow event is going to be extreme northeast TN and western VA...far removed from the warm nose.

Back