• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Observations Dec 8-10 Obs & Pictures Thread

Congrats to our friends to my east, next time, it's our turn to your west

A couple of early LSR from FFC this morning:
Elberton 0.25 of ZR with ice on trees and roads.
Sky Valley so far has been the big Georgia winner with 7.5 inches of snow.

Rabun County EMA/Search and Rescue posted on FB:
Morning update

- 1 gate on Mathis Dam open and river is up
- The roads are very dangerous PLEASE stay home and do not try to drive
- Many roads still have trees across them and the trees are laying in power lines.

Georgia power outages: 4000+
Habersham HEMC: 2503

Again, please please please stay home and off the roads.

And a check on the Helen, GA. cam shows snow on the roofs and minor accumulations on the ground but roads appear clear.

Attachments

• snowhelen.PNG
    snowhelen.PNG
    714.8 KB · Views: 26
View attachment 8975 For posterity! It was so close to amazing here! Stuck at 34, what might have been! :(
Man it was close. It was pounding snow for several hours. Sleet worked itself in on radar, then it changed to heavy 32 degree rain. We had an outside chance of keeping that CC line to our south through the early morning. Oh well. Not bad for Dec 10

Man it was close. It was pounding snow for several hours. Sleet worked itself in on radar, then it changed to heavy 32 degree rain. We had an outside chance of keeping that CC line to our south through the early morning. Oh well. Not bad for Dec 10

I think the freeze line ran *just* south of I85 overnight - had crazy amounts of sleet overnight with a low of only 32 (at my location never went lower than 32.0) - this system with a *little* lower temps would have been historic for GA/SC

Last edited:
Its Dec 9, not Dec 10

Just measured 3 different spot and came up with 12", 11 1/2" and 11". Where I shoveled my steps off at 8:30, there is now another 2-3" on them

Back