• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 27 Light winter event

0_B27072_E-_B3_C8-4388-8_B62-_F47_BD98_B91_DC.jpg

Yeah I'd have to agree it's not the model of choice inside 24-36 hours. In any case, it has a small stripe of snow along the HWY 64 corridor east of Raleigh.
ecmwf_tsnow_raleigh_7.png

Here’s the SPS by FFC:
Special Weather Statement
National Weather Service Peachtree City GA
234 PM EST Tue Dec 26 2017

GAZ011>014-019>025-027-030>037-041>048-052>055-057-270500-
Chattooga-Gordon-Pickens-Dawson-Floyd-Bartow-Cherokee-Forsyth-
Hall-Banks-Jackson-Madison-Polk-Paulding-Cobb-North Fulton-
Gwinnett-Barrow-Clarke-Oconee-Haralson-Carroll-Douglas-
South Fulton-DeKalb-Rockdale-Walton-Newton-Heard-Coweta-Fayette-
Clayton-Henry-
234 PM EST Tue Dec 26 2017

...Potential for brief wintry mix late tonight...

Light precipitation is expected to overspread much of central and
north Georgia after midnight, tonight. The precipitation is
expected to mainly be in the form of a cold rain, however, brief
periods of light sleet could mix in with the rain, mainly along
and north of I-20, late tonight into early Wednesday morning.

No ice or sleet accumulations are expected as temperatures remain
above freezing.

I posted this in the other discussion, but it probably belongs here too. If there's any snow/sleet accumulation or a light glaze, I call it a huge win here in Fayetteville
December 27 2017 NC forecast snowmap.png

Brad nitz made a valid point just now. With temperatures already near 32-35 when precip comes in, it potentially will drag temps down several degrees thus he’s concerned about bridges becoming icy for the morning commute. Makes sense. Plenty of room for wet bulbing, if enough precip even happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahhh that had to suck for you all.. I would of been so upset lol

Brad nitz made a valid point just now. With temperatures already near 32-35 when precip comes in, it potentially will drag temps down several degrees thus he’s concerned about bridges becoming icy for the morning commute. Makes sense. Plenty of room for wet bulbing, if enough precip even happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like I said in a earlier post, could potentially over perform especially after the grand over performance of 3 weeks ago in Atl..

Like I said in a earlier post, could potentially over perform especially after the grand over performance of 3 weeks ago in Atl..
No way this could become a multi inch storm. The most I think it could do if it can moisten up a lot is drop a trace to quarter inch of sleet or snow. Maybe a glaze of ice if the column is not completely freezing.

Back