• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 21-22 street light 18z nam fantasy probably not happening but starting the thread anyway storm

Banter useless posting still applies in this thread as well, just fyi
Ok….I hope the HRRRRRRRR shows the same thing as the 6z NAM. Since most on here consider all events low odds due to us living in the SE, I figure this one has a good of a chance as any.

If by a miracle that did happen there would be major consequences for NC on Thursday morning. Rain would certainly be removed from the forecast and this would lay the stages for ice.
Do you think that little bit of snow-cover would cause a stronger CAD?

I know how these kinds of setups tend to trend inside 48-72 hours, but I'd like to see another model other than the NAM on board for me to be fully sold.

The main vortex backing up into the Rockies instead of progressing into the Great Lakes as we thought a few days ago, has allowed this wave to face less confluence & shearing on its way across the Gulf Coast, thus being more amped + moving the precip shield further north + closer to NC.

Even going off of the 0z HRRR, trace amounts of light sleet mixed w/ rain is very achievable here, much more so than snow outside the mountains. Freezing drizzle & light ZR would also be a concern in the piedmont + Blue Ridge Escarpment of NC, esp if the precip can get here Tue morning instead of the afternoon-evening. Need lift & WAA to be strong enough & closer to the DGZ to kickoff wet snow.

Back