• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dazzling December

Meanwhile 00z UKMET looked like it was setting up for a monster. Initial "cutting" low so far north that it would help push a secondary low at hr 144 south towards a boundary near the gulf coast.. classic miller A setup there if it went out past 144 hrs.

500hv.conus.png
sfcwind_mslp.conus.png

First system on ECMWF cuts.. second system is suppressed into the middle of the GOM.. great.
I joked the other day that I never worry about suppression (after all, we have like, what, 10-15 days a year when it's even cold enough for wintry precipitation), and I mentioned that if I saw lows running from Mexico City to Havana, it wouldn't bother me a bit. Well, the Euro just did that, lol. But it really wasn't that far off from the GFS here. Just give it a touch more spacing and room to breathe and it's good to go. It's a good position to be in 10 days out

DZkbQ2V.gif

Back