• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Crypto trading

LOL, I've been lurking here for years and my first post is going to be on a crypto thread. RMTX is another you nailed. I had to give that one a couple - few weeks as I waiting to see them put some semblance of a team together. I was 50/50 on RMTX or Metapets but in the land of 90% plus failures, I liked RMTX better. Thanks for the suggestions you've put out there.
I forgot about that one. I like those also (like in my top four). I concur with you. I am try to bring some of the safer plays. I don't want anyone to lose money in this very wild area of investments. Welcome aboard, and post more often.

Is there any way to trade this stuff on the exchange or do you have to set up a digital wallet and all that?

I've been wanting to invest in the Metaverse but really haven't researched how. A token like this the best way to go about it?

Yes to the first question. Maybe to the second.

Decentraland, Sanbox and Axie Infinity are the current top three players in the metaverse space. They might be the safest bets today but this space changes by the hour and what's in the top 5 today may not be 3 months from now. I am fairly sure they are on Crypto com's and Gemini's exchange. Dencentraland and Axie are on Coinbase. KU Coin and Binance.US are also places to look. I prefer CoinGecko's listing of the various metaverse projects: https://www.coingecko.com/en/categories/metaverse

You can use CoinGecko and CoinMarketCap to look up individual projects and get a feel for them and where to purchase down at the bottom of the page. Both should have a Cliff's Notes version of what something is trying to do and links to their sites, whitepapers, social media, etc.

Beyond those top players, you're likely headed off to MetaMask, Trust Wallet, etc with BNB (Binance Coin) or ETH in hand and then off to Pancake Swap or Uniswap to swap coins.

The second question is swim at your own risk.

Vegas posted EGC (EverGrow Coin) among a couple others back on page one. I took a look at EGC and RMTX (going to their sites, etc, getting a feel for things) based on Vegas' suggestion before putting a little in. And by a little, I mean around 1-2% of what I have in crypto that if it goes up in flames in the next hour, it stinks, but it's not the end of the world. EGC could be something but honestly it's just potential right now. RMTX's success will likely be tied to EGC's success.

This leads to the question of distribution. On another forum I frequent, someone who has been in the space since at least 2015 suggests 90% BTC/ETH, 5% in other major plays of your choice (Cardano, Solana, Polkadot, Chainlink, etc) and 5% high risk plays, aka, ####coins. Me personally, I'm around 84 / 14 / 2. Grayscale's large cap crypto holding breakdown more or less is currently: 60% BTC, 30% ETH, 3% Solana, 3% Cardano, 1% Uniswap, 1% Chainlink, 1% Litecoin, 1% Bitcoin Cash.

Yes to the first question. Maybe to the second.

Decentraland, Sanbox and Axie Infinity are the current top three players in the metaverse space. They might be the safest bets today but this space changes by the hour and what's in the top 5 today may not be 3 months from now. I am fairly sure they are on Crypto com's and Gemini's exchange. Dencentraland and Axie are on Coinbase. KU Coin and Binance.US are also places to look. I prefer CoinGecko's listing of the various metaverse projects: https://www.coingecko.com/en/categories/metaverse

You can use CoinGecko and CoinMarketCap to look up individual projects and get a feel for them and where to purchase down at the bottom of the page. Both should have a Cliff's Notes version of what something is trying to do and links to their sites, whitepapers, social media, etc.

Beyond those top players, you're likely headed off to MetaMask, Trust Wallet, etc with BNB (Binance Coin) or ETH in hand and then off to Pancake Swap or Uniswap to swap coins.

The second question is swim at your own risk.

Vegas posted EGC (EverGrow Coin) among a couple others back on page one. I took a look at EGC and RMTX (going to their sites, etc, getting a feel for things) based on Vegas' suggestion before putting a little in. And by a little, I mean around 1-2% of what I have in crypto that if it goes up in flames in the next hour, it stinks, but it's not the end of the world. EGC could be something but honestly it's just potential right now. RMTX's success will likely be tied to EGC's success.

This leads to the question of distribution. On another forum I frequent, someone who has been in the space since at least 2015 suggests 90% BTC/ETH, 5% in other major plays of your choice (Cardano, Solana, Polkadot, Chainlink, etc) and 5% high risk plays, aka, ####coins. Me personally, I'm around 84 / 14 / 2. Grayscale's large cap crypto holding breakdown more or less is currently: 60% BTC, 30% ETH, 3% Solana, 3% Cardano, 1% Uniswap, 1% Chainlink, 1% Litecoin, 1% Bitcoin Cash.
Thank you for spending the time on a well-thought-out post. You are a true asset for this thread. I usually Have quick and somewhat caveman type post. I'm kinda busy and can be lazy. But looks like great minds think alike for I am I am basically locked up you're opinions .

A long week in crypto. EGC still has (ending on day soon) whale problem. I was going to make a post with graphs, detailing the trading. Iam not using charts, but, going over every account that bought and sold the last seven days. Very, very time consuming, but lets me keep a true finger on the pulse of the EGC. To get to the point, crash sells by a few whales. EGC is top heavy, yet it is slowly trading to a better balance of holders, as the project gets better. Here is a good video with EGC and RMTX info. I am starting to find other good projects, but, will still sit on EGC for now.

Same old for EGC, but, looks like a major move up very soon. Smoke signals of things to begin with good news and significate developments.

I'm in several projects, LOOKS and RBIF are my faves though.

Looksrare Token is connected to the Looksrare NFT marketplace, is a huge competitor for Opensea. You can stake the Looks on their site and receive more Looks and also, Weth. Every sale on the marketplace, 1 or 2% of each transaction goes into a pool that is split amongst stakers. This is crazy cool as NFTs can sell for thousands or hundreds of thousands each.This token is only 2 weeks old.. so very early.

RBIF Robo Inu Finance is a little over 2 months old, only 1700 holders, 100% organic growth. Ex Google and Saitama folks. Very transparent. Marketing starts at 5000 holders. Check out their telegram. All the links are on coinmarketcap.

:)

I'm in several projects, LOOKS and RBIF are my faves though.

Looksrare Token is connected to the Looksrare NFT marketplace, is a huge competitor for Opensea. You can stake the Looks on their site and receive more Looks and also, Weth. Every sale on the marketplace, 1 or 2% of each transaction goes into a pool that is split amongst stakers. This is crazy cool as NFTs can sell for thousands or hundreds of thousands each.This token is only 2 weeks old.. so very early.

RBIF Robo Inu Finance is a little over 2 months old, only 1700 holders, 100% organic growth. Ex Google and Saitama folks. Very transparent. Marketing starts at 5000 holders. Check out their telegram. All the links are on coinmarketcap.

:)
Very cool. Keep us updated!

BTC may never make it back....fortunes made and then lost are INSANE!
hawkish fed/inflation with geopolitical events (Ukraine, etc) will impact all risk assets this year
I encourage everyone to view Michael Saylor's Bloomberg interview one week ago on BTC investment timelines (minimum BTC timeline is 4 years)
"decentralized" blockchain technology will be transformative in the investment/financial realm in the next decade - however/currently, it's nascent, extremely volatile, and unregulated
my advice for cryptocurrency exposure: DCA in BTC proxies (i.e public companies holding large amounts of BTC: Coinbase, Voyager, Galaxy Digital); DCA in very large cap/Top 10 Coins/Tokens; utilize large/secure exchanges (Coinbase, Kraken); avoid anything in the crypto space with connections/ties to China, Russia, memes (Doge, Shiba, etc), or Elon Musk (I don't directly invest in TSLA or Doge)
at the present, I'm in a bunker/not expecting a consistent uptrend until 2023

Last edited:
hawkish fed/inflation with geopolitical events (Ukraine, etc) will impact all risk assets this year
I encourage everyone to view Michael Saylor's Bloomberg interview one week ago on BTC investment timelines (minimum BTC timeline is 4 years)
"decentralized" blockchain technology will be transformative in the investment/financial realm in the next decade - however/currently, it's nascent, extremely volatile, and unregulated
my advice for cryptocurrency exposure: DCA in BTC proxies (i.e public companies holding large amounts of BTC: Coinbase, Voyager, Galaxy Digital); DCA in very large cap/Top 10 Coins/Tokens; utilize large/secure exchanges (Coinbase, Kraken); avoid anything in the crypto space with connections/ties to China, Russia, memes (Doge, Shiba, etc), or Elon Musk (I don't directly invest in TSLA or Doge)
at the present, I'm in a bunker/not expecting a consistent uptrend until 2023
Interesting comments. Saylor makes an outstanding case for BTC....and I own it, along with ETH, SOL, LUNA, and some minor MATIC, LINK positions. I own GBTC and MSTR as well. What I'm curious to know is why you mention TSLA. What's floating around there?

Interesting comments...What I'm curious to know is why you mention TSLA. What's floating around there?
Elon Musk is one of the biggest shills on the planet...often a total liar. I'm convinced he's mentally ill and/or has a significant personality disorder. Musk also encourages retail investors into crypto shams/memes (Doge...yes, Doge is a total fraud). TSLA holds 42,902 BTC - the second largest holding of BTC (for a publicly traded company) after MSTR. I do feel that TSLA's share of EV's will diminish in the next decade after the push by legacy automakers (esp Ford, Toyota, VW) and upstarts (Rivian); however, one would be a fool to short TSLA in 2022.

I trade crypto as it’s been a consistent way to make money. But, it’s completely worthless…blockchain technology has practical applications but what does that have to with the value of Bitcoin or any other crypto. The crypto bubble will pop and the wealth lost will be tremendous. I personally think btc is going below $20k and probably closer to $10k over the next 12-24 months.

Back