• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the defense production act?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This tells me they are leaning towards a full shutdown

I'm sure we already know this but there's potential for it to go a lot higher soon (and it probably is a lot higher). There were 3 more presumptive positive tests at AU Health as of this morning, 20 pending tests (they've started drive thru testing today I believe), and 30 pending tests from yesterday I believe. The thought in this case is that the origin in this area was a major church gathering involving 3 counties. The first person to test positive, I don't think they traveled, but they were exposed to someone that has.

Albany might be about to get slammed. They have 1 positive so far, but someone that is apparently from that area says they have 67 people in the hospital awaiting test results, and 100 other people that aren't in the hospital awaiting test results. It hasn't really started there, but this person said that this hospital is already having issues.

Need to fix my post..65,000 homes/restaurants/grocery stores out of power. Number does not mean people. That’s much more food spoiled and prob over 100k people idk.

That sucks but I think I'd put power companies in the veil of "essential jobs". Just figured out that they had an earthquake today.

I’m still not a believer . If they were gonna do thinking it truly would slow the spread they would have already done so . Why wait a whole damn week ?

I just don't think, IF they do it, they could have done it suddenly without any warning... the chaos would have turned violent. As I mentioned previously, whether intentional or not, the idea of delaying it allowed states to do so locally and more or less eased into it, hopefully less chaotic IF it occurs. Also maybe there is the hope it isn't necessary but since people aren't really listening they may be left with no option.

edit: I think the POTUS just said we are no where near it... so

A little bit of good news so far today: though already more than 1,000 new cases have been noted for today in the US, there hasn’t been even one additional death there today so far.

I read elsewhere that they had an older lady(98)die in that assisted living facility in LA.

Sounds like the government is preparing to send the American people two payments . One during the first part of April and another in May

Sounds like the government is preparing to send the American people two payments . One during the first part of April and another in May

All of this depends on how much the bill changes. Congress and senate will continue to mold and change the bill.

Keep in mind that a total shutdown has thousands of moving parts, it's not as easy as "Ok we're on lock-down, shelter in place". The military, states, national guard, local LEO's, emergency managements, etc etc have to be given lead time to prepare. Obviously any lock-down doesn't send everyone home. First Responders will never get sent home, you can't have anarchy

Keep in mind that a total shutdown has thousands of moving parts, it's not as easy as "Ok we're on lock-down, shelter in place". The military, states, national guard, local LEO's, emergency managements, etc etc have to be given lead time to prepare. Obviously any lock-down doesn't send everyone home. First Responders will never get sent home, you can't have anarchy
Well hopefully we don’t have to but every country that has had it or does at this time have shut down everything to flatten the curve. If cases will flatten or start declining then we will avoid it but if hospitals and more cases continue to explode then I say for certain some state’s will be completely shut down. The state govt will do that like CA appears close to doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back