• This website or discussions about the COVID-19 virus outbreak should be taken as entertainment. For official information on how to plan and prepare, please go to The Offical CDC Homepage By Clicking Here
  • Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus

Reaction score
A lot quieter in here today. Probably virus news fatigue.

This has all been like watching a disaster in slow motion. Other disasters hit, and then you start recovery. But this one is taking so long to get to the peak before recovery starts. It's a bit surreal, and I hope we never witness another one like this in our lifetimes.

pcbjr

Supporter
Reaction score
NYC alone accounts for 30% of all US cases. NY state and NJ are well over 50%. Density is having a crazy effect on the spread.
Unscientific, but ... look at many of the hot-spots (including my beloved per capita Gainesviile) and compare to where the homeless/migrant/transient population centers are ...

EmersonGA

Reaction score
A lot quieter in here today. Probably virus news fatigue.

This has all been like watching a disaster in slow motion. Other disasters hit, and then you start recovery. But this one is taking so long to get to the peak before recovery starts. It's a bit surreal, and I hope we never witness another one like this in our lifetimes.
I know. I just get tired and worried thinking about this going on without end. It is a test of endurance.

NoSnowATL

Reaction score
Easter weekend sounds good to me. Weather should be nice. You can’t keep people inside for months . Our HOA said tonight the pool will open on time in May! That’s a win in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rain Cold

Fixed
Staff member
Reaction score
As long as there's no effective treatment, the options are still binary. Either lock down all of it and stop the bulk of it, followed by extensive testing and strict quarantining and contract tracing for all positives. Or, just open everything back up and let it run. Hospitals will be overwhelmed for a while and people will die. It will show up in waves and will sweep across the communities of America until it burns out.

The current rolling, indefinite, almost, kind of, quasi-shutdown stuff won't be able or allowed to persist indefinitely. It's really the worst case for the economy. And the social psychological well-being.

NCSNOW

Reaction score
Where did you get that from? What if you make more than that a week? Then it’s not a pay raise...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fed kicks in 600 everyone across the board. Add that to the state standard avg of 372= 972. Republicans wanted to just pay whatever they where making when laid off. But Bernie and Dems threatened to wreck the bill if they didnt stick with 600 flat fee.

NCSNOW

Reaction score
Cocktail update from watching various doctors on talk shows tonight, its killing it still. NYC using hot n heavy starting today, gonna get even more quasi clinical data. Also the blood or antibodies transfer gig is very promising as well.

tazaroo

Reaction score
Holy Cow, Gov of Mississippi overrules mayors and local orders of shelter in place. Deems nearly everything a essential business. 😳
That's just it. If a business isn't essential, then the market will dictate it and it goes away. When we do a partial shutdown, the ripple effects on other businesses can effectively shut them down as well because many our so intertwined. The Economic effects are enormous. Gov Cooper said on Monday that NC normally averages 3000 new unemployment claims a week but last week we had 100000. That was just the real 1st week of this and only with a select number of closures at the time. We simply can't do that for long.

JJr

Reaction score
Cocktail update from watching various doctors on talk shows tonight, its killing it still. NYC using hot n heavy starting today, gonna get even more quasi clinical data. Also the blood or antibodies transfer gig is very promising as well.
Got a question in regards to the meds,
In N.C., if one gets sick, and needs or ask for the hydroxychloroquine, will he have access to it?

Matthew70

Reaction score
Beautiful.

No way economy can be shut down till June or July. By then food supplies will be scarce and crime and suicides a bigger pandemic. A friend of mine works at 911 call center in MN. She told me this morning the crimes are exploding and suicidal calls are also. She said it’s starting to come unglued there.

Reaction score
That's just it. If a business isn't essential, then the market will dictate it and it goes away. When we do a partial shutdown, the ripple effects on other businesses can effectively shut them down as well because many our so intertwined. The Economic effects are enormous. Gov Cooper said on Monday that NC normally averages 3000 new unemployment claims a week but last week we had 100000. That was just the real 1st week of this and only with a select number of closures at the time. We simply can't do that for long.
That's fine most of the time. But this is a disaster man.

You don't let 'the market' dictate everything during a crisis. Unless you don't consider price-gouging to be a problem.

NCSNOW

Reaction score
Got a question in regards to the meds,
In N.C., if one gets sick, and needs or ask for the hydroxychloroquine, will he have access to it?
You need the zpack with it and i think one other drug. Thats how it works best. Should be available.chloroquine, zpack definitely. Hydrochloroquine is newer

NCSNOW

Reaction score
No way economy can be shut down till June or July. By then food supplies will be scarce and crime and suicides a bigger pandemic. A friend of mine works at 911 call center in MN. She told me this morning the crimes are exploding and suicidal calls are also. She said it’s starting to come unglued there.
Trump was saying that same thing in pc other day. Suicide,depression will become a major problem if we ride this bust for 2 to 3 months. Just another caveat to juggle along with economic depression, hospital surge , mortality rate

LithiaWx

Reaction score
Me, my wife, and my son are quarantined for ten days. We both had persistent coughs but no fever. Today my wife developed a fever. She went to urgent care. Negative strep and negative flu. She can’t get a covid test. She’s young and doesn’t have severe symptoms. GA is sparingly using their tests only for those with severe symptoms is what we were told. She sounds horrible. Doc said her lungs were not too bad but I’m worried. She’s sleeping next to me and I can hear her wheezing. This sucks.... I’ve got the headache and cough but haven’t had a fever yet. 007A12BF-9880-46CB-A012-E592C3DB918A.jpeg

JJr

Reaction score
You need the zpack with it and i think one other drug. Thats how it works best. Should be available.chloroquine, zpack definitely. Hydrochloroquine is newer
Yes I've been keeping up with the cocktail progress, wondering why a Dr. would not give it to you if you're out of options.
I saw a report that a governor band the use of it in his state

BirdManDoomW

Leader of the bird cult
Reaction score
Bad news for the Yadkin Valley area (Wilkes/Surry) with 500 layoffs at Lydall. Usually if corona wasn’t going on this would be the biggest news in many many years around here. This is directly tied to corona.