• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

3 days ago, on Friday, the same twitter feed you quoted had a higher percentage receiving the vaccine. Why is it lower now?

Population vaccinated: Friday April 30)
- 1st dose: 58.12% (+0.07)
- 2nd dose: 54.77% (+0.53)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems like this has been known for a long time now. Am I right?

Back in the fall I was questioned as to why we did not wipe down our church sanctuary every week. The answer I gave was 1) the virus wouldn't live that long (7 days)on surfaces; 2) the virus is primarily transmitted via the air.

Back in the fall I was questioned as to why we did not wipe down our church sanctuary every week. The answer I gave was 1) the virus wouldn't live that long (7 days)on surfaces; 2) the virus is primarily transmitted via the air.
Wiping down everything has always been irritating hygiene theater, at least since a few months into the pandemic. I guess it helps present other diseases still (colds and flu maybe?), but it is largely theater and doesn’t do much for Covid.

Tomorrow is Pfizer shot No. 2 for me!

Yes it’s been known, the WHO just took forever to announce it. US agencies did so long ago!

Because of the virus continuing to evolve into variant forms and a fairly large segment of the population refusing to get vaccinated, herd immunity will probably not be reached anytime soon with Covid and possibly never.

Because of the virus continuing to evolve into variant forms and a fairly large segment of the population refusing to get vaccinated, herd immunity will probably not be reached anytime soon with Covid and possibly never.

Real shame people are ignoring doctors advice and are instead getting their advice from Youtube videos and memes.

So if I understand correctly... there have been approximately 7 million J&J vaccines administered in the US and 7 people have developed Cerebral Venous Sinus Thrombosis (CVST) after taking the vaccine. According to the CDC, natural occurrence of CVST affects 5 people in a million every year. 7 out of 7 million is less than 5 out of a million (or 35 out of 7 million). If the rate of CVST is 5 times less than what occurs in the general public after receiving the J&J vaccine, that would seem like a good thing instead of something that would cause it to be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back