• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever take doxycycline? Apparently it will kill most probiotics to :(

They started me doxycycline but I ended up in the ER with a rapidly advancing infection so they went with the 3 other antibiotics. Was a miserable 10 days. Looked like a gunshot wound in my leg.

Attachments

• Resized_20180908_102359_3120.jpeg
    Resized_20180908_102359_3120.jpeg
    233.6 KB · Views: 31
They started me doxycycline but I ended up in the ER with a rapidly advancing infection so they went with the 3 other antibiotics. Was a miserable 10 days. Looked like a gunshot wound in my leg.
I sure hope this doxycycline works for me. The ER I first went into last Wednesday that sent me home on clindamycin didn’t even do the culture even tho it was seeping at the time. When I went back to different ER Friday and they drained it, they didn’t culture it then either but upped my clindamycin. It wasn’t until my wound check Sunday at same ER they finally did culture of it and results came back while at wound treatment center for mrsa and then this morning they tell me more came back and that it was resistant to clindamycin and they would put me on the doxycycline. They did give me a 3 hr iv antibiotic of vancomycin on Friday when they drained it.

So your infection got all the way out to the circle? Mine was more maintained and it basically gone now, it’s just the crater in the wound I have

So your infection got all the way out to the circle? Mine was more maintained and it basically gone now, it’s just the crater in the wound I have

Yeah it's hard to see but they drew that circle when I got to the ER and it was spreading so fast that within an hour of them drawing it the redness was an inch higher up on my thigh. It hurt ike a mofo. My knee hurt from swelling and everything. Once the meds kicked in it healed nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back