• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funny thing is this whole time you have assumed I don’t wear a mask when in fact I do wear a mask when it’s asked of me. I was behind a guy walking into Walmart the other day and he had a fit when the greeter lady asked him to put his mask on. I complied and put mine on without incident thinking “dude just put your mask on and shut up.”

I can be anti mask and still wear a mask when required.

The question I’m asking you is if the health experts are now telling you to wear goggles, shouldn’t you? No half measures, right? A mask alone will not stop the spread according to the experts now.
Would you like a brownie button or a gold star for being such a good boy?

Update on the couple I mentioned previously. The husband has been released from the hospital and his wife is much improved. She never went on the ventilator. He says she improved dramatically after being treated with remdesivir.

Unfortunately, I learned today that a church member's mother was admitted to the hospital today with COVID. She tested positive a week ago, but she is now sick enough that she is requiring hospitalization. She's in her early 60s and has developed pneumonia.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about folks who don't die but have long term damage/after effects? Also, even with no after effects, it can be an awful and long experience.
Do we know the long term effects? The virus has only been around for less then a year. Let’s give it a few years ...

Last edited:
Yea they will go virtual soon. Happy to report no positives in my wife’s school. ?

I hope so but I worry about where I work, we had pre-planning Tues-Fri last week and this Monday, then kids come on Tuesday. I hope we are ready! Glad your wife's school is good for now! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for us all!

I hope so but I worry about where I work, we had pre-planning Tues-Fri last week and this Monday, then kids come on Tuesday. I hope we are ready! Glad your wife's school is good for now! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for us all!
She teaches at Loganville Middle. Yes they are all stressed out. Not really because of Covid but with the processes in place. It’s going to hard on teachers.

She teaches at Loganville Middle. Yes they are all stressed out. Not really because of Covid but with the processes in place. It’s going to hard on teachers.

Yeah we have gone over the processes once, going into more detail tomorrow, and I hope we can adjust. I'm at Bay Creek Elem. and with all the Covid changes we are having the building renovated!

By the way for those who might still insist the flu is deadlier, this flu season in the US had AT MOST 62k deaths and AT MINIMUM 24K. The prior season had around 34K from what I saw. COVID has killed 157K and the daily numbers are rising again. Our numbers are approximately at what late May had. On the good side we aren't anywhere near the spanish flu which killed over 600k US citizens.

By the way for those who might still insist the flu is deadlier, this flu season in the US had AT MOST 62k deaths and AT MINIMUM 24K. The prior season had around 34K from what I saw. COVID has killed 157K and the daily numbers are rising again. Our numbers are approximately at what late May had. On the good side we aren't anywhere near the spanish flu which killed over 600k US citizens.
179 flu-associated pediatric deaths unfortunately. About 179 more then Covid-19. Dis like it all y’all want but is worse to see a child die then a 80 something. At least they lived a full life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back