• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obvious what is happening with AL cases. Notice the 65+ age group going flatter.

EbnRlskXsAICo80

Update: I got a call from my dad last night. He is now symptomatic. I’m feeling fine. It’s been over 72 hours and still no temperature resurgence. I haven’t even used a fever reducer. I’m extremely grateful. I pray that everyone’s experience mirrors mine. Prepare yourselves. Infection is beginning to appear inevitable.

Update: I got a call from my dad last night. He is now symptomatic. I’m feeling fine. It’s been over 72 hours and still no temperature resurgence. I haven’t even used a fever reducer. I’m extremely grateful. I pray that everyone’s experience mirrors mine. Prepare yourselves. Infection is beginning to appear inevitable.
I’m confused. Didn’t you test negative for COVID?

I’m confused. Didn’t you test negative for COVID?

The longer test was positive even though two rapid were negative. Which is interesting, I would likely lean to yes, he got it (would place it at 90%), but down the road I might take an antibodies test to hopefully confirm.

Enjoy your time on the beach if you can, Jimmy. I'd try to keep distance from anyone outside of your party but otherwise, enjoy your time.

The longer test was positive even though two rapid were negative. Which is interesting, I would likely lean to yes, he got it (would place it at 90%), but down the road I might take an antibodies test to hopefully confirm.

Enjoy your time on the beach if you can, Jimmy. I'd try to keep distance from anyone outside of your party but otherwise, enjoy your time.
I’ve had a mask on inside and outside the entire trip so far. I was told by a professional that new guidance is 72 hours temperature/symptom free. It’s been that long but I’m giving it another day or two.

Swab test Friday afternoon was positive. Rapid test Saturday morning was negative. Second rapid test Sunday morning was also negative.

Rapid tests being antibody tests that you used your blood with? Why would you expect to test positive with those? It takes a while for IgG to spike and even then, the accuracy of those tests are extremely poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the you can't be ----ing serious department.

There's absolutely no way in hell we can deal w/ 2 global pandemics at once, Covid-19 is enough

“Flu strain with 'human pandemic potential' found in China Scientists and health officials are concerned about a new strain of influenza recently discovered in pigs that has the potential to infect humans. According to researchers, a number of workers from Chinese abattoirs and the swine industry exhibited signs of infection.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53218704

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 6.26.30 PM.png

Rapid tests being antibody tests that you used your blood with? Why would you expect to test positive with those? It takes a while for IgG to spike and even then, the accuracy of those tests are extremely poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The tests I used came straight from an inpatient rehab facility. They are professionally used to vet people before they check in.

From the you can't be ----ing serious department.

There's absolutely no way in hell we can deal w/ 2 global pandemics at once, Covid-19 is enough

“Flu strain with 'human pandemic potential' found in China Scientists and health officials are concerned about a new strain of influenza recently discovered in pigs that has the potential to infect humans. According to researchers, a number of workers from Chinese abattoirs and the swine industry exhibited signs of infection.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53218704

View attachment 43525
What the heck is going on in China ?

The tests I used came straight from an inpatient rehab facility. They are professionally used to vet people before they check in.

While that’s true, rapid antibody tests aren’t all that reliable. I was curious about the timing of your tests, assuming they were 100% perfect at detection, it sounds like you took them a little too early given the timing of your positive nasal swab.

8cdfd7d143ea3b1d6b74198505d4b836.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back