• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen the videos of people falling down dead in the street? It's hard to know what's real on the web but there is some disturbing things leaking out. If China isn't back to normal soon the whole world economy is in danger of collapsing.

Has anyone seen the videos of people falling down dead in the street? It's hard to know what's real on the web but there is some disturbing things leaking out. If China isn't back to normal soon the whole world economy is in danger of collapsing.
Yeah. Hard to get at details, but what I've seen that makes the most sense is that it seems like you can get reinfected and your immune system response makes it worse, affecting your heart.

Yeah. Hard to get at details, but what I've seen that makes the most sense is that it seems like you can get reinfected and your immune system response makes it worse, affecting your heart.
This is why it's so bad in Wuhan potentially, maybe the cfr is so high there because it's already infected everyone once and the second time around it kills you.

The thing that is most concerning is the number of people in ICU. Over 10k as of a few days ago. How many will recover? How many didn't get a bed? China is definitely hiding the real numbers, the question is do you add one or two zeros to the current numbers to make their actions resonable

Call me crazy for saying this, but I wanna bet that a few cases of novel coronavirus HTH transmission has already occurred here in the US, and there’s a few people with mild cases going unnoticed or people being diagnosed with influenza or a URI/cold, for example i went to a urgent care 1.5 weeks back and got diagnosed with the flu with no testing, only to go to my original doctor a few days later and find out I had salmonella/allergies, lmfao, salmonella wasn’t fun at all, the bathroom would agree

Call me crazy for saying this, but I wanna bet that a few cases of novel coronavirus HTH transmission has already occurred here in the US, and there’s a few people with mild cases going unnoticed or people being diagnosed with influenza or a URI/cold, for example i went to a urgent care 1.5 weeks back and got diagnosed with the flu with no testing, only to go to my original doctor a few days later and find out I had salmonella/allergies, lmfao, salmonella wasn’t fun at all, the bathroom would agree

You should try 5 months of Cdiff!

To chime in on a post in the March thread about the dry air causing the virus to spread even more, while humidity may keep infection down, that makes a ton of sense. When your nasal passages are extremely dry, microscopic tears can cause germs to enter your system more easily. Hence why regularly using saline spray to lubricate can help. Same thing with the studs in your house. Cold and dry temps plus running your furnace constantly dries out the wood and can cause house fires more easily. So it's maybe a blessing with all the rain lately.

100% chance of that.

In the US I beleive we only have a total of 250,000ish icu hospital beds. Think about that. Then the big question I have, is can you be re- infected. I thought if its viral, you build an immune system to it. Obviously it can change, like the flu does continuosly.
RC hit the nail on the head with the frog/boiling water analogy. Look at what happened to grocery store shelves in italy. When the masses panic over here it want be fun. Lesson for all of us is its to late to go out n prep at that point. Im a hair trigger myself from going out an vetting on the side of unneccasary caution. Thing has really caught my full attn past 24 hrs. I dont trust China and the WHO. I think the best hope, and im not confident in it at the moment, Is Im hopefull this is like the seasonal flu. You get it and its out of you in roughly 72 hrs , then your on your way to recovery. Its only more serious if u have underlying health issues.
The amount of folks though that end up icu from this, is whats boggeling. Just hard to really know, where China has suppeessed the truth in several ways imo. The lockdown approach they took, tells me this is way bigger than what we have all been told. You just dont shut down cities of millions for severe seasonal flu, for weeks on end.

I ended up getting H1N1 (swine flu) back in 2010, I’ve said it before But I was the worst illness I’ve ever gotten, had a fever of 104.1, vomiting and Severe flu symptoms that was beginning to manifest into pneumonia, I had a completely healthy immune system back then, now I don’t, and mind you the death rate for that was only 0.1%

In the US I beleive we only have a total of 250,000ish icu hospital beds. Think about that. Then the big question I have, is can you be re- infected. I thought if its viral, you build an immune system to it. Obviously it can change, like the flu does continuosly.
RC hit the nail on the head with the frog/boiling water analogy. Look at what happened to grocery store shelves in italy. When the masses panic over here it want be fun. Lesson for all of us is its to late to go out n prep at that point. Im a hair trigger myself from going out an vetting on the side of unneccasary caution. Thing has really caught my full attn past 24 hrs. I dont trust China and the WHO. I think the best hope, and im not confident in it at the moment, Is Im hopefull this is like the seasonal flu. You get it and its out of you in roughly 72 hrs , then your on your way to recovery. Its only more serious if u have underlying health issues.
The amount of folks though that end up icu from this, is whats boggeling. Just hard to really know, where China has suppeessed the truth in several ways imo. The lockdown approach they took, tells me this is way bigger than what we have all been told. You just dont shut down cities of millions for severe seasonal flu, for weeks on end.
Keep in mind that many of those ICU beds are in use currently, which you may have been alluding to. Re: getting reinfected, this is all so new and there is still a lot of learning going on. But it looks like this may not operate in the same way as a normal virus, where you build an immunity. In fact, it looks like the 2nd infection can often trigger an immunological response that can cause severe complications and even death. As I said, if those videos are real, this may explain some of that. Again, there are still a lot of unknowns about this.

From an economic standpoint major companies are now scrapping forward guidance for the whole year and setting the stage for bad earnings. Interesting times, no doubt.

Last edited:
Well in 2 weeks we will have a awnser to how bad or great this will be.
I think this thing is about to show us how unprepared and how fragile our why of life is

I haven't seen city lock downs over meningitis. We really have no clue when governments openly say they cant legally post numbers or any other absurd reason. Guess Zika and Ebola was the exception

I haven't seen city lock downs over meningitis. We really have no clue when governments openly say they cant legally post numbers or any other absurd reason. Guess Zika and Ebola was the exception
Airborne viruses have a greater impact on the masses purely from a number standpoint. Meningitis is not transmitted through the air

I ended up getting H1N1 (swine flu) back in 2010, I’ve said it before But I was the worst illness I’ve ever gotten, had a fever of 104.1, vomiting and Severe flu symptoms that was beginning to manifest into pneumonia, I had a completely healthy immune system back then, now I don’t, and mind you the death rate for that was only 0.1%
This is where I worry. The unknown of who it affects aand how bad. I had it too. Documented in my health profile at the doctor's office. Actually didn't know it was H1N1 until I read it because all they told me was it was the flu. I honestly thought it was just a respiratory infection until they tested me. I felt bad, but not like I was dying. Before that, the last time I had the flu was 14 years prior and at that time I was much younger and healthier and I felt like death. Same with strep. I caught it years ago and hit a 105 temp and lost a couple days. But my daughter gets it and can still hang, acts just a little bit sick. So who is most vulnerable, and who has it and barely shows symptons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back