• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen the measured response i.e. antibodies etc has been outstanding after 1 dose for those that have already had COVID. Better than the 2nd dose for those who have not had the virus.

From where? Do you have a study and can you link? Interested in this second statement. Because keep in mind, second doses in those not infected previously are 90%+ protected from covid infection. So the idea that one dose is better would be wild, I’m willing to bet it’s comparable to 2 doses instead of better than. But that’s just my brainstorming I’d love to see the data you’re referencing.

Last edited:
Iran reports 19,666 new cases and 193 new deaths.
Ukraine reports 17,463 new cases and 398 new deaths.
Hungary reports 8,053 new cases and 245 new deaths.

From where? Do you have a study and can you link? Interested in this second statement. Because keep in mind, second doses in those not infected previously are 90%+ protected from covid infection. So the idea that one dose is better would be wild, I’m willing to bet it’s comparable to 2 doses instead of better than. But that’s just my brainstorming I’d love to see the data you’re referencing.

Jon, I saw/heard the information in the video I linked below. The information was discussed by Professor Shane Crotty who is a virologist and researcher at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology. The immunological response was measured via blood work but the studies have not yet been done on the efficacy. However, it certainly seems to me very encouraging that there is a high likelihood of one dose being very effective for those that already have had COVID (based on Shane Crotty's description of the measured response via blood work):

Dr. Crotty excels at explaining the vaccines in easy to understand terms for those like myself who do not have a medical background.

Reactions: Jon
What part did you go to. I just got back from vacationing in okaloosa island Florida and it was nice. Very normal very few mask it was Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was in PCB for 5 days. Weather was great the 1st 3 days. Yea the normal feeling was refreshing that’s for sure. Hope it gets thats way up here soon.

Florida was nice. Think I saw less then 10 mask the whole time I was down. Felt normal again.
That’s just sad, USA is not far from numbers exploding again, like all those foreign places snowfan keeps posting!

That’s just sad, USA is not far from numbers exploding again, like all those foreign places snowfan keeps posting!

We are so close yet still pretty far from really rounding the corner and getting past this. I've gone on trips, even Disney for Halloween last year, I took the risk but protected the family best we could. Nobody got sick.

I'm of the belief that once we reach the point the vaccine availability that anyone can get it then we open up. Let the vaccinated people do as they please. Let unvaccinated people do as they please. The risks are known and either get the shot or don't.

Not sad at all I say live life to it’s fullest. If your scared go get your vaccine wear your mask etc. but as for me I’m not scared because this virus is nothing more then a government mind control tool to control the population. 2% fatality rate not worth being scared over in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back