• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems some states are having another surge in cases.
Michigan is the worst so far:
March 15: 1,945 new cases
April 1: 7,000 new cases.
And their hospitalizations as a result are moving back up:
March 15: 989 COVID-19 patients
March 31: 1,769 COVID-19 patients

My dad had surgery yesterday to remove a kidney tumor. Diagnoses is strong and he wont even need chemo since they got all the cancer yesterday and it was caught super early.

I've been in this hospital dozens of times over the years for family and friends. It's a very large hospital and it was a straight out GHOST TOWN in there. Walking to the cafeteria usually pass people constantly. Not a soul to be seen hardly. At one point I took a wrong turn and there wasnt even anyone to ask how to get where I was going. Amazing how empty that place was.

P.1 (Brazil) variant is now the one to track. Evidence of it being deadlier in younger people, and spreading 2x easier.

Canada update coming later today.

There’s an outbreak in British Columbia of P.1, linked to a Ski resort outbreak. It’s now overtaken the UK variant in Canada as a percentage of cases.

I worry about opening up as the P.1 variant becomes seeded in the United States. The CDC reports variant cases here,

which shows 58 cases in Mass, 55 cases in Florida, 33 in California, 19 in Illinois, 13 in Washington. Obviously community spread is occurring. How fast can we vaccinate to prevent a surge in P.1 in the US?

P.1 (Brazil) variant is now the one to track. Evidence of it being deadlier in younger people, and spreading 2x easier.

There’s an outbreak in British Columbia of P.1, linked to a Ski resort outbreak. It’s now overtaken the UK variant in Canada as a percentage of cases.

I worry about opening up as the P.1 variant becomes seeded in the United States. The CDC reports variant cases here,

which shows 58 cases in Mass, 55 cases in Florida, 33 in California, 19 in Illinois, 13 in Washington. Obviously community spread is occurring. How fast can we vaccinate to prevent a surge in P.1 in the US?

The vidant hospital run vaccination center here is as well oiled and streamlined as you could ever hope for. My 2 stepsons got their shots yesterday and my wife said start to finish it was 21 minutes including the 15 minute obs period. I can only hope other centers are as smooth.

Glad I’m getting vaccinated soon. Seems like these vaccines are still effective against the P1 variant? I’ll be getting either Pfizer or Moderna.

The vidant hospital run vaccination center here is as well oiled and streamlined as you could ever hope for. My 2 stepsons got their shots yesterday and my wife said start to finish it was 21 minutes including the 15 minute obs period. I can only hope other centers are as smooth.
Ingles doing a great job here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back