• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m not getting a vaccine because I really don’t need it lol, but that stuff happens with a couple people, that shouldn’t discourage anyone from getting a vaccine.

I’m not getting a vaccine because I really don’t need it lol, but that stuff happens with a couple people, that shouldn’t discourage anyone from getting a vaccine.

No it shouldn’t and I’m not against anyone getting it. That’s there choice I’m not getting it because I don’t trust it. But it’s fine that some people do trust it. I hope that it turns out to be a good thing. Being about COVID I found it to be interesting and worth sharing. I shared a link yesterday about a Amish community that developed herd immunity. I’m more likable in the weather thread though it’s a lot more fun and not controversial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new real world study published about Pfizer and moderna only drive home further that these are the winners. Any vaccine is better than no vaccine...that is true, but Moderna and Pfizer should be very available and those seeking out J&J may eventually do themselves a disservice.

80% effective against symptomatic AND asymptomatic infection after first dose BEATS J&J pretty solidly.

I’m thinking J&J vaccinated individuals will require a booster before Moderna and Pfizer individuals, which will be recommended as post-vaccine trials continue and antibody titers are measured in these subjects. This bit is speculation on my part, but I can see it happening. I vaccinated my girlfriend and my twin brother with Moderna. I’m a strong believer in the mRNA technology and the efficacy of these vaccines standing up to variants vs J&J.

Also, as a COVID survivor, it’s not just about the hospitalization and death endpoint. We do not know yet what the long term complications of the covid virus crossing the blood brain barrier and infecting the brain is. Journals are publishing data on debilitating symptoms of long haulers (see the suicide of the Texas Roadhouse CEO due to debilitating tinnitus).

When experts say “100% effective against hospitalization and death,” they’re selling the vaccine to get folks vaccinated but this is missing the importance of developing symptoms and avoiding infection altogether. To me, that’s just as important, because you or your loved one could become a “long hauler” — even after vaccinated. I’m not recommending J&J to my loved ones if Moderna and Pfizer are options.
Jon, asking as a fellow Covid survivor, is there any numbers on how protective antibodies are against reinfection? I had the regeneron infusion and was told I’ll have to wait 90 days before I could get vaccinated. If antibodies offer protection, what would be the rush to get vaccinated until your body doesn’t show antibodies anymore?

Reactions: Jon
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back