• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting too close to home now. Moms coworker who had openly said "the virus is a hoax to get trump voted out" and never wore a mask decided to go into work 2 days while sick bc they "didn't have PTO and needed to get paid". Well they tested positive, now I'm on pins and needles since my parents are 65+. It's amazing to me how people 7 months into this still want to stick their head in the sand

Only 2 states have reproduction rates under 1.0. We have a real situation developing. I've seen some estimates based on the summer curve we could hit over 100,000 cases per day in December.

Vermont definitely the place to be.....

Well my other sister in law has been exposed. One of her employees came to work today feeling a little crummy and went and got tested and is positive. My sister in law was all around her and is pretty ticked she will have to stay home for fourteen days.

Well my other sister in law has been exposed. One of her employees came to work today feeling a little crummy and went and got tested and is positive. My sister in law was all around her and is pretty ticked she will have to stay home for fourteen days.
My sister is quarantined too. She was with one friend and another joined them that she didn't know very well. They didn't have their masks on with each other. Now the second friend tested positive.....so my sister waits.
I just stay home.....

The IHME model has been unreliable. It overestimates the deaths.
Right now we are hovering close to 1,000 deaths per day. On the back of a napkin let's look at best case, it doesn't get worse.
From Nov 1 to Feb 1 = 92 days x 1,000 = 92,000
Est Nov 1 at 230,000 + 92,000 = 322,000 best case

Worse case
Dec and Jan move to 2,000 per day
Nov 1 230,000 + nov 30,000 + Dec/Jan 124,000 = 384,000

Yeah, I can believe this particular run is plausible......390,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back