• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Alabama didn't even release numbers today because of a technical glitch ? We are 7 months into this so how are we still having these issues? Alabama public health is so bad that nobody believes the numbers whether they are good or bad?‍♀️

Alabama finally added numbers about 11 or so last night with a total of 1146 new cases. Today's numbers are already out with a total of 1390. According to bamatracker.com Alabama's positively rate is over 16% which is the highest since they have been tracking it

Alabama finally added numbers about 11 or so last night with a total of 1146 new cases. Today's numbers are already out with a total of 1390. According to bamatracker.com Alabama's positively rate is over 16% which is the highest since they have been tracking it
I have notices a lot more false positives lately. I wonder what’s going on.

I have a close family member who works in a private Lab in Alabama that does nothing but PCR Covid testing. Their False positive rate is less than 1/4 of 1 percent. This is because PCR actually breaks down the DNA from the patient and is way more accurate. The only way a false positive occurs with a PCR test is if the tester accidently contaminates the swab or test plate. A lot of places use Antigen testing witch is far less reliable and accurate, but less expensive.

I don't know about the false positives but I know more people either with it or in quarantine than any of time. My local high school has many in quarantine. If it had not been for fall break my oldest would probably be in quarantine too. Our Lt Governor tested positive yesterday after someone in his church group tested positive so it appears to be widespread too

I don't know about the false positives but I know more people either with it or in quarantine than any of time. My local high school has many in quarantine. If it had not been for fall break my oldest would probably be in quarantine too. Our Lt Governor tested positive yesterday after someone in his church group tested positive so it appears to be widespread too
I agree, I was just explaining the False Positives. The number of True Positives is definitely rising again in Alabama and most other states and countries. Our Lab is seeing many more True positives as well. We currently know or know/of more people with it now than at any time since it started. Most of those have very few and mild symptoms.

So why are more people getting the virus ? It can't be because of the cold weather because it hasn't been cold.

So why are more people getting the virus ? It can't be because of the cold weather because it hasn't been cold.
I think more people are throwing caution to the wind or at least my area. Covid fatigue is very real in my area. Going in grocery stores more and more are not wearing masks. People are having get togethers, going to football games, kids having parties, etc and it only takes one to spread it

Reactions: SD
I think more people are throwing caution to the wind or at least my area. Covid fatigue is very real in my area. Going in grocery stores more and more are not wearing masks. People are having get togethers, going to football games, kids having parties, etc and it only takes one to spread it
I just dont understand what is so hard about wearing a mask. Seems like only a slight inconvenience to me.

I agree, I was just explaining the False Positives. The number of True Positives is definitely rising again in Alabama and most other states and countries. Our Lab is seeing many more True positives as well. We currently know or know/of more people with it now than at any time since it started. Most of those have very few and mild symptoms.

Same here. I’ve heard and known many more people to have in the past few weeks. The worst being flu like symptoms and across a variety of ages.

The whole thing of only one case in a family of four to six is nuts.

I absolutely agree! I would rather wear a mask than be back under lockdown. Many small businesses won't survive another one not to mention the mental health side of another one
Yea a lockdown isn’t going to happen again. We are just going to have to deal with it until a vaccine comes. Some places are not requiring mask now so people aren’t wearing them. I know for my area more and more stores aren’t.

Yea a lockdown isn’t going to happen again. We are just going to have to deal with it until a vaccine comes. Some places are not requiring mask now so people aren’t wearing them. I know for my area more and more stores aren’t.
Any particular reason why places wouldn't be requiring people to wear a mask ? Seem like as we head into winter more places would be requiring it.

Just out of curiosity are the numbers rising in your area? My county numbers are rising but I do not about my city as the mayor will not release the numbers because about a month ago he got called out for incorrect numbers on FB ? Yep thin skinned politicians still exist

We got the call last night at 10pm that my daughters class has been quarantined. Of course, no real information was given.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back