• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is another version of the same story.

Looks like the UK is apparently planning for a 2nd lockdown.

Welp.

I will say it looks like general areas are just going to get hit one by one. In the dog days of the summer, it was the sun belt in the US, and right now it's the midwest with the sun belt calming down for weeks now.

I am in South Dakota for the week. No one cares about Covid here. Hardly anyone wears masks, hardly any social distancing, bars/restaurants are at full capacity. It's like everything is normal here. Whether it's wise or not for public health, I must say it's kind of cathartic.

I am in South Dakota for the week. No one cares about Covid here. Hardly anyone wears masks, hardly any social distancing, bars/restaurants are at full capacity. It's like everything is normal here. Whether it's wise or not for public health, I must say it's kind of cathartic.
How are the cases there?

How are the cases there?
South Dakota's new cases per capita seem roughly comparable to North Carolina's, but the positive rate here is much higher because testing is lacking, so I imagine actual cases per capita are higher. However, from what I can gather most of the cases are in the eastern part of the state, and I'm centered around Rapid City for this trip in the Western portion of the state.

We were there in July. I’d move there in a heartbeat if I could (The Blackhills). Weather was great too.

Hope we get to see normal again someday. :( Hopefully SOMEDAY

The virus is hitting northwest NC and eastern Tennessee harder now. North Wilkes High School is now closed with 17 cases and one young man has died at ASU. F5B7A3EF-86FD-4CC7-BCC0-67207FA5D320.jpeg

I know what you mean. My back lower back still aches from an injury in high school. But I think we know those things are adjacent to the point.

Aaaand, we still don't have any idea about the answer to the question.
lol, you are hearding cat's my friend

I love the "guidelines" they came up with, Like who actually picked these numbers? Large outdoor venues with greater that 10K seating capacity can operate at 7%, but if less than 10K they have to go by 30% or 100 people, which ever is least...

So, if Walnut Creek Says they can seat 11,000 they allow 770, but if they can only seat 9,000 they can only allow 100. Cuz Science right?

Movie theatres and conference centers can also open under the 30% or 100, which ever is less, guidelines, which means that an a movie theatre can have the same number of people inside as Greensboro's Outdoor White Oak Amphitheater which has a seating capacity of 7,000...

I love the "guidelines" they came up with, Like who actually picked these numbers? Large outdoor venues with greater that 10K seating capacity can operate at 7%, but if less than 10K they have to go by 30% or 100 people, which ever is least...

So, if Walnut Creek Says they can seat 11,000 they allow 770, but if they can only seat 9,000 they can only allow 100. Cuz Science right?

Movie theatres and conference centers can also open under the 30% or 100, which ever is less, guidelines, which means that an a movie theatre can have the same number of people inside as Greensboro's Outdoor White Oak Amphitheater which has a seating capacity of 7,000...
I think we talked about this last time, the guidelines make no sense and lack consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back