• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
France reports 13,072 new cases and 37 new deaths.
For context, per capita that’s about equivalent to the US’ “second wave” peak of around 70,000 cases. Deaths are still lagging big time (that’s equivalent to under 200 deaths in the US), but you’d expect that to change over the coming weeks, unless the virus truly has mutated into a less deadly form (probably not).

The governor of Missouri has tested positive for COVID-19.https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/517880-missouri-governor-tests-positive-for-covid-19

“people in the age groups of 0 to 19 have a 99.997% chance of survival if they contract COVID-19, the age group of 20 to 49 a 99.98% chance, 50 t0 69 years old 99.5% and 70 years old and above a 94.6% chance.”

Incredible numbers here

The Atlanta area largely looks like it's weathered the storm at least for now. I was shocked when I saw the rolling positives % as low as it was in multiple Atlanta area counties.

It's not low around me (I felt as if it was slowing down in my county but we're still at a 12.9% positive rate, makes me wonder if some of what's going on is people are just fed up with it all and if they really don't feel good, they stay home) but hospitalizations dropped again to at least start the week and it's been quite a while since it was starting to get into areas you'd consider shaky (in which instead of it getting worse, it has been reversing).

Largely, the western parts of Georgia are looking good, the eastern parts do not (and I still think the worst areas now are some of the areas directly south of me) but it looks as if neither are having major hospital issues.

Still think we do need to watch to see what happens in late fall/winter, but it looks like this state was able to buckle down for the worst that was thrown at us for now.

“people in the age groups of 0 to 19 have a 99.997% chance of survival if they contract COVID-19, the age group of 20 to 49 a 99.98% chance, 50 t0 69 years old 99.5% and 70 years old and above a 94.6% chance.”

Incredible numbers here

What percentage of each of those age groups recover from Covid but have some sort of lasting problems or issues? That's the important stat that nobody seems to know or want to talk about.

My wrist still clicks from where I broke it in elementary school.
I know what you mean. My back lower back still aches from an injury in high school. But I think we know those things are adjacent to the point.

Aaaand, we still don't have any idea about the answer to the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back