• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok since this is the President of the Country and we do have an election in a month I am going to allow a sliver of political talk in this thread, when I say sliver I do mean fractionally small.

You can discuss Trumps overall health but please bring something factual and not just he's fat
You can discuss potential effects on the election and upcoming debates, again try to stay somewhat neutral here and state things that make sense. I don't want to hear about how this is going to energize either fan base, just if he has covid then xyz events may have to be postponed and so on
You cannot get into some wild ass conspiracy theories, none of them

I hope this gives you guys a little clarity, the mods have the OK to delete posts at their discretion so please don't get your feelings hurt if your post disappears.

Thanks.

Trump's age puts him at great risk to developing major symptoms.
True and the fact he is considered overweight, however, on the flip side.... other than that he's actually in pretty good health, no lung disease, no hypertension issues, no kidney issues, not a smoker or drinker and a medical staff that will throw everything at it while monitoring him 24/7.

Ok since this is the President of the Country and we do have an election in a month I am going to allow a sliver of political talk in this thread, when I say sliver I do mean fractionally small.

You can discuss Trumps overall health but please bring something factual and not just he's fat
You can discuss potential effects on the election and upcoming debates, again try to stay somewhat neutral here and state things that make sense. I don't want to hear about how this is going to energize either fan base, just if he has covid then xyz events may have to be postponed and so on
You cannot get into some wild ass conspiracy theories, none of them

I hope this gives you guys a little clarity, the mods have the OK to delete posts at their discretion so please don't get your feelings hurt if your post disappears.

Thanks.
I approve this message

I'm in the Jimmy camp on this one. I think he'll either remain asymptomatic or only experience mild symptoms. Caught it very early and will probably treat for it with that treatment regimen...you know the one that studies show works studies show doesn't work works doesn’t work works doesn't work....

Ok Jimmy said he’s most likely asymptomatic and we have seen confirmations that isn’t true, he has mild symptoms. Jimmy replied to my comment but has since deleted it.

As for what’s next, no one knows. Most people with severe cases start with mild symptoms— it’s not a prognosis for severity. Unless he loses his taste and smell, that seems to be associated with milder cases.

Jon, would it be logical to assume they're all exposed to a higher viral load (with no masks, close proximity situations and extended close contact periods) and that it increases their chances of having symptoms and perhaps more severe ones?

Possibly, but that’s extremely hard to confirm. New research has shown super spreaders (individuals) can expose many at one time, while others don’t transmit to a single person even in close contact. So he’s been around a super spreader. Who that is, we don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Multiple news reports on Trump going to Walter Reed. This doesn't sound good for him

No it doesn’t and before my comment, I do wish the best.

I think trump going by helicopter is extremely concerning. This isn’t just precautionary. As a healthcare professional, this would a decision based on objective observations: abnormal heart rate (afib), blood pressure or vital sign abnormalities , low spO2, etc. These fluctuations can occur in his age group and not be emergent, in that it’s somewhat “normal” in the early course of the disease given his demographic — but to say this is no big deal or simply precautionary is something I’m not able to accept. Any medical professional knows something has them concerned and we don’t know what this is.

Last edited:
No it doesn’t and before my comment, I do wish the best.

I think trump going by helicopter is extremely concerning. This isn’t just precautionary. As a healthcare professional, this would a decision based on objective observations: abnormal heart rate (afib), blood pressure or vital sign abnormalities , low spO2, etc. These fluctuations can occur in his age group and not be emergent, in that it’s somewhat “normal” in the early course of the disease given his demographic — but to say this is no big deal or simply precautionary is something I’m not able to accept. Any medical professional knows something has them concerned and we don’t know what this is.

I respect your opinion. The only point I’d make is that, in this case, the helicopter may not mean much either way. It may be easier to move POTUS via helicopter than a caravan on the ground. But I don’t really know.

Otherwise, I agree that this looks like something more serious than mild symptoms.

On one hand I would say being at the hospital is the best option just in case things take a turn for the worst. On the other hand it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if he’s being taken there because things are worse than they are letting on.

If God forbid Trump got extremely ill or even died before the election would the election be postponed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back