• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of kids, I wonder how many "kids" we have , if any, on this forum. Since kids is a subjective and arbitrary term, I would say anyone under 25. Feel free to post your ages and we can do a completely unscientific poll on the subject! ?
I’m 23 so I guess I’m still a kid ?. Started posting on Talkweather when I was 16

I didn’t say he was an Olympian, just that it was a child. Also asthma, which many many otherwise “normal” and “healthy” children have is an underlying health condition. And that may not have been the case here. But as far as I know children with “underlying conditions” are allowed to go to school and therefore should still be a concern for us to protect.

I didn’t say he was an Olympian, just that it was a child. Also asthma, which many many otherwise “normal” and “healthy” children have is an underlying health condition. And that may not have been the case here. But as far as I know children with “underlying conditions” are allowed to go to school and therefore should still be a concern for us to protect.
Gotcha

Speaking of kids, I wonder how many "kids" we have , if any, on this forum. Since kids is a subjective and arbitrary term, I would say anyone under 25. Feel free to post your ages and we can do a completely unscientific poll on the subject! ?
20 started here when I was like 16 or 17

20 started here when I was like 16 or 17

There are some of us older farts that have been posting together on weather forums since before you were born lol....thanks for making me/us feel old.....at least since the early days of the old Eastern forum that was at least 2004/05 when it started maybe 2003.

I have a 35 yr old friend that is a total gym bro type, went on runs after work etc.....dude was the star QB in high school etc and he caught covid and ended up in the hospital for a week and had a few very scary days......probably one of the most fit guys I know, he also has asthma which contributed to the severity of his case even though his asthma was fairly mild.

I've just turned 25 but my start in the online weather world was in 2008. Eastern used to be way over my head (I didn't post there but it was way over my head when I was able to look).

We went to this small wings place to pick up food for dinner...well we were going to dine in but the dining room was closed, however the dining room had enough people standing around to where they might as well have been open, unless they didn't have enough employees to be wiping down, etc.

Anyone remember the old weather channel forum? Anyone remember "methane mike"?

Also the guy in Florida that was the biggest cane weenie ever and ever single storm was going to hit him as a Cat 5.....or was that Storm2k, or maybe both.....this seems way off topic though lol.....

To make this relevant Arizona saw a 28% positive rate on the test they ran yesterday almost 1/3 of every person tested came back positive....

Arizona:

4878 cases

28.3% positive

88 deaths

Wow.....https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2767980

"In this cohort study, the number of deaths due to any cause increased by approximately 122 000 from March 1 to May 30, 2020, which is 28% higher than the reported number of COVID-19 deaths. "

"Results There were approximately 781 000 total deaths in the United States from March 1 to May 30, 2020, representing 122 300 (95% prediction interval, 116 800-127 000) more deaths than would typically be expected at that time of year. There were 95 235 reported deaths officially attributed to COVID-19 from March 1 to May 30, 2020. The number of excess all-cause deaths was 28% higher than the official tally of COVID-19–reported deaths during that period. In several states, these deaths occurred before increases in the availability of COVID-19 diagnostic tests and were not counted in official COVID-19 death records. There was substantial variability between states in the difference between official COVID-19 deaths and the estimated burden of excess deaths."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back