• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad news and not so bad news.

Speaking with Miami-Dade County commissioners Wednesday, Jackson Health CEO Carlos Migoya said COVID patients and ICU usage has doubled over the past two weeks at the hospital system, one of the largest in the state, as cases have continued to increase in the county.

Migoya said about one third of patients testing positive for COVID-19 have arrived at the hospitals for other emergencies.

2,946 new cases for Georgia.

By a large margin, this is the largest # of new cases in GA reported on any day so far. Whereas deaths haven't been that high (but remember they may lag somewhat), hospitalizations and ICU have been among the highest yet. I'll compare the Tue-Wed stats for this week vs the prior 2 weeks to show this:

Tue-Wed periods (GA):

....................Cases....Hosp....iCU....Deaths
2 weeks ago: 1,616........221.......41........81
1 week ago: 3,453.......360.......51........50
.. This week: 4,820.......451.......68........43

Last edited:
Day 7 from my first day of symptoms. I was told by early reports that this would be the day the hammer was brought.

Slight fatigue with one instance of sinus pain this morning. That’s it
Hope you and your dad recover quickly and completely. Glad it hasn't been terrible for you yet and certainly pray things will get better and not worse

Texas reports 8,076 new cases and 57 new deaths. The hospitizations rise by 371 to 6,904.

Speaking of kids, I wonder how many "kids" we have , if any, on this forum. Since kids is a subjective and arbitrary term, I would say anyone under 25. Feel free to post your ages and we can do a completely unscientific poll on the subject! ?

Speaking of kids, I wonder how many "kids" we have , if any, on this forum. Since kids is a subjective and arbitrary term, I would say anyone under 25. Feel free to post your ages and we can do a completely unscientific poll on the subject! ?
I joined Talkweather/AmericanWx (EDIT: Wait, EasternWx, actually) originally back when I was 16 in 2009, so I imagine we have quite a few.

Last edited:
Deaths continue to trend slightly downward week over week, but it’s unclear how much longer that can continue with the huge case loads we’re continuing to see with no end in sight, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back