• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice personal attack... I'm genuinely sorry that you feel this way. I know a lot of folks are really stressed out and that's understandable. My intention is/was not to belittle your concerns, I just don't think that lock downs prove effective in the long run for the reasons I've previously stated. We'll agree to disagree. Be well...

The only point in time cases decreased was during the shut down, they've only increased since then and have consistently shown little sign of slowing down.

I just don’t see it hear in Georgia.
What I can see is us going back down the chain when Georgians realize our case count is becoming worse. If people weren't so stubborn and selfish and just wore a mask we'd be through this a lot easier instead of seeing a massive spike. Bars and gyms need to be closed asap in my opinion and people need to not be so selfish and gather in large groups.

Yes it did.
I’m with you. I think the protests were like pouring fuel on an open flame. It’s idiotic for people to say “it will spread this way but not that way.” I know 3 people who came down with the virus the week after the protests. All three attended the protest in downtown Greenville. This is not a coincidence.

I’m with you. I think the protests were like pouring fuel on an open flame. It’s idiotic for people to say “it will spread this way but not that way.” I know 3 people who came down with the virus the week after the protests. All three attended the protest in downtown Greenville. This is not a coincidence.
28 Clemson players got it, and what did they all do as a team?!?! Oh yea got together and had a protest.

The only point in time cases decreased was during the shut down, they've only increased since then and have consistently shown little sign of slowing down.

Feels like this is a lost cause here, but.. again... unless your plan is to stay in a strict lock down until there's a vaccine available (6-12 months), that's what is going to happen with a highly contagious pathogen. It's going to spread, unfortunately. We have to find a way to co-exist and live life until there's an effective treatment/cure. The good news is that mortality rate is down, which is likely a combination of us doing a better job protecting the most vulnerable and medical professionals figuring out better ways to treat those with the illness. We're going to get through this, but shutting everything down again just isn't a practical solution.

Again, be well and stay safe...

No, it didn't.
Yes it did.
Supposed consensus is it didn't, but if you have the time, dig into the data. I personally think that saying it did or didn't black and white is just to fit a political agenda. Chances are, some came from the protests, and those didn't help, but most came from people choosing to stop wearing masks plus the restrictions easing up and bars, entertainment venues, and gyms reopened and people thought it wasn't a big deal so they started doing large gatherings again. As I said, check the data. Look at what areas saw a surge and what counties, plus the demographics. Also remember there are college students and young adults who are being irresponsible and having parties or gatherings and are likely the ones really spreading the virus around as per the age chart.

So updates on the people I know with it... the two that have had the hard time with it have now had two good days in a row with significant improvement! They’ve had this thing close to 3 weeks now and seem to finally be taking a step in the right direction.

What I can see is us going back down the chain when Georgians realize our case count is becoming worse. If people weren't so stubborn and selfish and just wore a mask we'd be through this a lot easier instead of seeing a massive spike. Bars and gyms need to be closed asap in my opinion and people need to not be so selfish and gather in large groups.
Exactly, it totally pisses me off that people can be that selfish about the masks. We had a good chance of getting over this first wave when the numbers trended down if we would have just listened, but there’s to many with the attitude that your not going to tell me what to do and now look where we are. Both of my parents have compromised immune systems and are basically being held hostage in their home because of pure selfishness.

I’m glad I don’t have to wear a mask. Most mask are crap and don’t help so why bother wearing it plus people don’t even wear them right and take them down when talking or only cover the mouth. I like my freedom to do what I want. Good job Kemp!
Alot of masks are not even made the right way. I'm not against anybody wanting to wear masks but at least get the right kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back