• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who doesn’t think we are shutting down again needs to get their head checked along with the governor of Georgia

In North Carolina? Nah...

You can keep typing this, but it won't make it happen any sooner. We've discussed why further lock downs don't work multiple times within this thread (it merely delays, but doesn't stop a virus from spreading); however, if you stubbornly wish to continue this false narrative feel free to do so...

You must believe we should lock everything down until there's a vaccine available as that's the only "rational" justification for shutting everything back down.

You can keep typing this, it won't make it happen any sooner. We've discussed why further lock downs don't work multiple times within this thread (it merely delays, doesn't stop a virus from spreading), but if you stubbornly wish to continue this false narrative feel free to do so...

You believe we should lock everything down until there's a vaccine available?
Yes, you need to get your head checked.

You can keep typing this, it won't make it happen any sooner. We've discussed why further lock downs don't work multiple times within this thread (it merely delays, doesn't stop a virus from spreading), but if you stubbornly wish to continue this false narrative feel free to do so...

You believe we should lock everything down until there's a vaccine available?
We’ve also discussed on this thread numerous times why we want to delay the virus from spreading. What do you suppose is gonna happen to the death rate when the hospitals are full and run out of oxygen?
But yes let’s listen to some random shmuck on an obscure Internet forum and use absolutely no common sense and keep everything open normally because we gotta save the economy before we worry about people’s lives!

Ok... explain to me the justification for another lock down in North Carolina...
Hmm last time I checked, cases and hospitalizations weren’t decreasing, in fact they were accelerating upwards. If you want to be a total
buffoon and kill thousands of people just to save a few bucks be my guest.

Many folks seem to conveniently forget the point of lock down was to give healthcare time to prepare for increased cases and not become overwhelmed. We did that and, at least in North Carolina, we really never experienced a big wave of infections until, maybe, now... three months after we paused to give health care time to prepare. That was the plan. Thinking the number of cases weren't going to increase once we opened back up is asinine (did any reasonable person here actually expect the number of confirmed cases NOT to increase??)

I've been watching the percentage of available hospital beds and ICU beds via the NC DHHS dashboard for two months now. Despite increasing cases and hospitalizations, the percentage of available beds has stayed just around 20% (currently 19% for inpatient beds and 23% for ICU). Regardless of what the news headlines lead/scare you to believe, healthcare providers aren't "overwhelmed" based on data reported to the state. Deaths are also down SIGNIFICANTLY over the past two months.

Calm down. Be Safe. Wear a mask when you can't socially distance. Everything will be fine.

Webber -

See above for my explanation from a couple days ago... might I add, since then, the available inpatient bed % in NC has increased to 23% while ICU capacity has stayed exactly the same... deaths continue to decrease as well... but, by all means, explain why I need my head examined...

Well I’m glad I have a clown as a governor but you knew that already.

Cases and hospitalizations are about the highest they've ever been in Georgia. Looks like a winner to me!

Only time cases decreased was when Kemp decided to shut everything down... What a surprise! It's like magic!

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 4.32.59 PM.png

Georgia reports 1,900 new cases and 25 new deaths.

GA reported changes: last 7 day period vs prior 7 day period

Date...……...…….. Sat 6/13-Fri 6/19.................Sat 6/20-Fri 6/26

Tests (nonantibody).........77,549...........................................107,053
Cases...…….……………............6,226..............................................10,986
Hospitalizations.……..............591....................................................833
ICU...………………………..............101...................................................122
Deaths...……………...…..............218...................................................134

Comparing most recent 7 day period vs prior 7 day period:
- Testing +38%
- Cases +76%
- Hospitalizations +41%
- ICU +21%
- Deaths -39%

So:
- Increase in cases double the increase in testing
- Hospitalizations and ICU trend is not good since they're up
- Deaths trend is good (down a lot) but that may be a laggard to hospitalizations. We'll see during next 2 weeks.

Edit: To view the chart clearly, either turn your phone to horizontal or view it on your PC

Last edited:
Hmm last time I checked, cases and hospitalizations weren’t decreasing, in fact they were accelerating upwards. If you want to be a total
buffoon and kill thousands of people just to save a few bucks be my guest.

Nice personal attack... I'm genuinely sorry that you feel this way. I know a lot of folks are really stressed out and that's understandable. My intention is/was not to belittle your concerns, I just don't think that lock downs prove effective in the long run for the reasons I've previously stated. We'll agree to disagree. Be well...

Webber -

See above for my explanation from a couple days ago... might I add, since then, the available inpatient bed % in NC has increased to 23% while ICU capacity has stayed exactly the same... deaths continue to decrease as well... but, by all means, explain why I need my head examined...

No everything isn't going to be fine because we're wearing a mask (esp with some counties opting not to do it), it won't be fine until there's a vaccine and cases consistently begin to go down.

Yes, you still need to get your head checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back