• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I get that, but if masks slow the spread then why wouldn’t we mandate them? If wearing them for a few weeks until we can get over the hump, they should be mandatory. If cases went up after the protests and destruction and it was obvious most weren’t wearing masks, that should tell us the importance of them
I was told the protesters were wearing mask?

Oh my,

I've read claims they'd be at 70% as it is with no virus. Seems high, but I don't work in hospitals. It's going to lead to them toning down a lot of other things they do...honestly very highly likely for the rest of the year.

I was told the protesters were wearing mask?

Go on a certain discord I don't post on anymore and a certain someone is very staunchly saying that 99% of Atlanta protestors are wearing masks, the ones that aren't are handed one and told to put it on, and is blaming the vast majority of the virus spread on Memorial Day and large parties happening again.

Yeah...blah. As I said I can see people rolling their eyes at saying protests are fine but doing anything else in groups is terrible. Don't willingly go to protests, large parties, or anything if you don't want to catch corona.

Gonna be honest, I'm heading to Gamestop tomorrow to see if I can buy an old Wiimote and Nunchuck, so I can check to see if my old Wii truly still actually works. I need a backup plan if some of the fun things for me go away.

I’m glad I don’t have to wear a mask. Most mask are crap and don’t help so why bother wearing it plus people don’t even wear them right and take them down when talking or only cover the mouth. I like my freedom to do what I want. Good job Kemp!
And this attitude is why Texas and Florida have now had to go back to shutting things down.

We were the first to open and cases didn’t sky rocket at all. Piedmont park was packed everyday. Cases went up after all the protesting and destruction of the city.

Contact tracing in other areas has already shown that the spread didn't come from protests. Most of them were wearing masks anyway.

It's pretty clear that countries that took this seriously and wore masks have been the ones to smash the growth of the virus and start getting back to normal. The data seems to be pretty clear on this yet a lot of people act like no one knows what to do and just let it run its course. Apparently there were people whining about mask requirements back during the 1918 pandemic too.

Go on a certain discord I don't post on anymore and a certain someone is very staunchly saying that 99% of Atlanta protestors are wearing masks, the ones that aren't are handed one and told to put it on, and is blaming the vast majority of the virus spread on Memorial Day and large parties happening again.

Yeah...blah. As I said I can see people rolling their eyes at saying protests are fine but doing anything else in groups is terrible. Don't willingly go to protests, large parties, or anything if you don't want to catch corona.

Gonna be honest, I'm heading to Gamestop tomorrow to see if I can buy an old Wiimote and Nunchuck, so I can check to see if my old Wii truly still actually works. I need a backup plan if some of the fun things for me go away.

Bring a card. They’re card only. No cash transactions. They told me at my local it was a corporate thing. I went in to get NBA2K20 for my Switch. Going in tomorrow to get RBI Baseball 20.

I’m glad I don’t have to wear a mask. Most mask are crap and don’t help so why bother wearing it plus people don’t even wear them right and take them down when talking or only cover the mouth. I like my freedom to do what I want. Good job Kemp!
x
But, I don't want your "freedom " germs during a pandemic!

It's pretty clear that countries that took this seriously and wore masks have been the ones to smash the growth of the virus and start getting back to normal. The data seems to be pretty clear on this yet a lot of people act like no one knows what to do and just let it run its course. Apparently there were people whining about mask requirements back during the 1918 pandemic too.
Not serious enough in GA!

Chest X Ray came back negative as well as my white blood cell count. Doctor said if he could diagnose me based on that then he would say I’m negative for Covid. However, he sent me to get swabbed which I might say is EXTREMELY uncomfortable. I’m still feeling sick. I would compare my symptoms to an uncomfortable opiate withdrawal or mild flu. My head feels heavy and hurts like a -----. Body aches etc.. Temperature hanging strong above 100 all day. We’ll see what happens when the sun goes down as that’s when things usually get worse. My sister in law is overnighting 2 Covid Rapid Tests to my house. Once I take those I will make my decision on whether I want to go to the OBX or not.

At the hospital there were 30-35 vehicles waiting in the Covid testing drive thru at any given time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back