• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the protesters couldn’t follow guidelines that most of them were demanding everyone follow for months and now we are seeing a spike. The news shamed people for not social distancing and then basically begged people to flood the streets and protest. I don’t want to hear any nonsense about who caused this spike and the news stations acting like this is some kind of development.

I also don’t want to here anything about going back to phase 1 or more shutdowns. Not a single peep.
I can say we won't go back to phase 1 or shutdowns, but I will say that people have been becoming stupidly outraged over the dumbest things to slow the spread of the virus. We knew the spike was coming again so acting like everything is normal was not the point. The double standards for the protesters I have to say I really don't like and basically kills the point of social distancing. Chances are in the coming weeks hospitalizations and deaths will increase in areas with massive protests because of infection rates increasing extremely fast. People need to still realize that it's not all about them and if they're asymptomatic and a carrier, wearing a mask and/or social distancing will help prevent others from being infected who may be at a high risk or be in close contact with someone who is. A lot of people aren't thinking of this and just want to think of themselves. Once the virus has infected a large amount of the population then we can get back to real normal and not keep crying that we can't go to the pool.

This is why the media cannot be trusted. Oh huge spike in CV cases! Until you look at the data that is easily found and it’s easy to see how much they twist things. They take a situation that deserves caution and blow it up so ridiculous, people stop caring. These stats are from the Arizona Department of Health.

Attachments

• E925B16E-28D6-4173-9351-D6BA2A5DDC2B.jpeg
    E925B16E-28D6-4173-9351-D6BA2A5DDC2B.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 374C7C75-D738-4363-A302-443CD888E0D9.jpeg
    374C7C75-D738-4363-A302-443CD888E0D9.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 01290790-E815-4337-A26B-1D408FE20503.jpeg
    01290790-E815-4337-A26B-1D408FE20503.jpeg
    114.7 KB · Views: 26
This is why the media cannot be trusted. Oh huge spike in CV cases! Until you look at the data that is easily found and it’s easy to see how much they twist things. They take a situation that deserves caution and blow it up so ridiculous, people stop caring. These stats are from the Arizona Department of Health.
Preach

So the protesters couldn’t follow guidelines that most of them were demanding everyone follow for months and now we are seeing a spike. The news shamed people for not social distancing and then basically begged people to flood the streets and protest. I don’t want to hear any nonsense about who caused this spike and the news stations acting like this is some kind of development.

I also don’t want to here anything about going back to phase 1 or more shutdowns. Not a single peep.
THis is what i was about to rip people on. Don't come in here saying "States re-opened too soon" when we had gatherings in the thousands on a daily basis in every city across this county for 2 weeks. We all know damn well where this spike came from, and i'll give them a hint... It wasn't from getting my haircut or sitting in a restaurant for an hour.

Wonder why this hasn't been talked about over the new COVID fear? Oh, that's right, it's not the panic that they're starting to advertise again.

Golf is a sport I don't really watch at all but I guess I might this weekend, or maybe even starting earlier than that.

Just found out this AM that my 4 year old daughter and I were exposed to someone who is exhibiting covid symptoms. This person is going to be tested tomorrow (one of their family members is now confirmed with covid-19 via testing) and will let us know if they test positive. I had a mask on when I was around this person as did my daughter so hopefully we will be fine.

@pcbjr could probably use our collective prayers due to a huge surge in new cases in Hogtown’s county, Alachua. They just had a sudden whopping 18% increase in reported cases!

“76 new Alachua County COVID-19 cases are connected to workers at an area farm.”

“One farm worker who traveled to Alachua County from Miami-Dade County unknowingly infected at least 76 additional workers with COVID-19.

A total of 98 people traced back to the worker were tested for the virus Saturday evening, said Paul Myers, administrator for the Department of Health in Alachua County. Eight tested negative and 14 tests are still pending.

The health department will not disclose the exact location of the outbreak, which represents an 18% jump in total cases in the county.”

That’s bad. Let’s hope Phil and his family/friends can stay safe from this horrible virus.

Last edited:
In NC, only 13 percent of ICU beds are currently available; 20 percent for regular beds. Total hospitalizations 812.
Headed in the wrong direction. At this point, I don’t expect phase 3 anytime soon. I just hope we don’t get yanked back into phase 1, though I’m not sure the general public would stand for that.

Even when the virus fades away, I anticipate we could still see a few temporary flareups, but this us unfortunately proving to be more than just a hiccup.

Headed in the wrong direction. At this point, I don’t expect phase 3 anytime soon. I just hope we don’t get yanked back into phase 1, though I’m not sure the general public would stand for that.

Yeah imagine that, we relax restrictions and cases rise....and there are still people out there that think everything we have done up to this point has been useless. :rolleyes:

Yeah imagine that, we relax restrictions and cases rise....and there are still people out there that think everything we have done up to this point has been useless. :rolleyes:

The main reason for cases rising is likely due to the mass protests/riots over the past 7-10 days. The main key is that our hospitals don't run out of capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back