• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
North Carolina is going the wrong way fast. We may never get out of phase two, or worse, we may have to go back to phase one.
The same in SC too. Our Governor says he will not close anything back down but he may not have a choice if this keeps up.

Not unless exponential spread starts and deaths start rising which isn’t happening.

No way he is right though. This virus is a weak cold compared to something like human transmittable form of H5N1.

That is really sad and I feel bad for her but you can find story’s like that with every disease out there. I know a guy who developed congestive heart failure because he contracted Hands, Foot and Mouth from his young daughter and the virus attacked his heart.

Unless we see a major spike in deaths, which are still dropping every week or see exponential growth, which isn’t happening anywhere, we just have to let it run it’s course.

I am not expecting southern states (maybe NC will, but not most others) to really care about virus cases going up unless we start seeing a problem with hospitalizations. After the riots have been in the news, you're going to have to see a scare there to get people to listen.

Having said that, Arizona and maybe Florida are already having that problem, so we can't rule that out, but for now I remain at 10% here. Maybe stubborn, but we'll see.

That is really sad and I feel bad for her but you can find story’s like that with every disease out there. I know a guy who developed congestive heart failure because he contracted Hands, Foot and Mouth from his young daughter and the virus attacked his heart.

Unless we see a major spike in deaths, which are still dropping every week or see exponential growth, which isn’t happening anywhere, we just have to let it run it’s course.

Right but you said this was just a weak cold. While this may be true for most there are still very real reasons to be mindful that this virus hasn't gone away yet.

Plenty of cases starting to show up among national guard members after the riot. That fuse is lit still and we wont know the outcome of infections for atleast another week.

Right but you said this was just a weak cold. While this may be true for most there are still very real reasons to be mindful that this virus hasn't gone away yet.

Plenty of cases starting to show up among national guard members after the riot. That fuse is lit still and we wont know the outcome of infections for atleast another week.

Compared to H5N1 it is a weak cold. This has a IFR between 0.2 and 0.7%. The H5N1 flu strain has an IFR of 20-60%. Should it ever become human transmissible it would be a global scourge.

For Fauci to say this is his worst nightmare is extremely short sided.

Compared to H5N1 it is a weak cold. This has a IFR between 0.2 and 0.7%. The H5N1 flu strain has an IFR is 20-60%+. Should it ever become human transmissible it would be a global scourge.

For Fauci to say this is his worst nightmare is extremely short sided.
Yes I don’t trust the little man anymore.

A girl that works with my fiancé at the office just tested positive. She was at the protests in Greenville early last week. They think that’s where she got it. Buckle up

Yeah everyone talking about how awesome things were going after the reopening might want to take a look at their numbers. Texas, Florida are having surges and LA county says they may run out of ICU beds in 2 to 4 weeks at current rates.

l

So the protesters couldn’t follow guidelines that most of them were demanding everyone follow for months and now we are seeing a spike. The news shamed people for not social distancing and then basically begged people to flood the streets and protest. I don’t want to hear any nonsense about who caused this spike and the news stations acting like this is some kind of development.

I also don’t want to here anything about going back to phase 1 or more shutdowns. Not a single peep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back