• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found out today that the Augusta Aquatic Center (major pool that is Olympic sized), is still closed until August.

It sucks. Since we can't use membership in the neighborhood where my grandparents lived anymore, it's hard to find swimming. We think we have a spot to go to next week but still.

My neighbors brother in law died in a car accident this past weekend. Head trauma but he also tested positive for Cov-19. They put the cause of death as Cov-19 not the head trauma that actually killed him. Sad! Seems like you could fill a claim or something but what do I know.
?

It’s very real I know some people who were asked to include COVID19 on their death certificate. None of my family died but one came very close.

North Carolina is going the wrong way fast. We may never get out of phase two, or worse, we may have to go back to phase one.

Won't happen. After all the riots the last 2 weeks, no way they'd try and force people back home.

The horse is not just out of the barn with regard to virus related restrictions, it is now thousands of miles away thanks to these huge gatherings and riots that for some reason went on as if there were suddenly no longer a pandemic.

Agreed. BUT--our esteemed governor just shut down a speedway for violating phase two executive order while not enforcing said order on protests over 100 people. It will be interesting to see where this goes from here.
I didn't know that about the speedway. Makes sense though if look at the voter base of the two groups.

I wish the NCDHHS would release data on the demographics of those hospitalized like they have with deaths. 83% of the deaths in NC are still 65 and older, even though they only make up 15% of the cases. 62% of the deaths are 75 and older, and 52% of the total deaths have happened to people in nursing homes. I only know of one death to anyone younger than 25, and unfortunately that was the little girl in Durham. I would think the demographics of those hospitalized are similar, which would mean the chances of school age kids being hospitalized from the virus are very slim. The teachers and staff would be a higher risk, but I don't think there are too many over the age of 50, and even less 65 and older. The biggest problem might be kids that go to school and live with older adults. I just don't think there is a big threat to the kids themselves.

Look at the stats. The kids have just a good of a chance of getting killed in a wreck on the way to school than from the virus. I know someone who found out she had cancer recently and was given three to four months to live. Life is a gamble. Target the elderly and those in congregate living facilities. Figure out a way to protect them more since those are the groups most at risk of death and being hospitalized from the virus. We're not going to keep everyone from getting the virus and getting sick. The important thing is to prevent deaths and hospitals from being overwhelmed. Look at the stats for who is most likely for this to happen and make a plan to protect them, not close down everything for everyone else. It just isn't practical, and distance learning isn't good for the majority of students.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back