• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh bologna... This isn't because people got a haircut or sat in a half empty restaurant.

Well it's good that at least people now see the lockdowns, social distancing and other measures were 100% warranted and then correct choice.

Remember the ones who protested in person without masks at the capital to push for reopening!

GOV Kemp continues to lead. Thankful for his leadership as he nailed the initial response when everyone was giving him hell for it.

Um these numbers for GA doesn’t look good to me. Am I missing something?

84ccd9a291702b829590c4aa10e17ab6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it's good that at least people now see the lockdowns, social distancing and other measures were 100% warranted and then correct choice.

Remember the ones who protested in person without masks at the capital to push for reopening!

All I remember is people were selfish for wanting to work to take care of their families and stupid for protesting the lockdowns.

Georgia is doing pretty good overall. I think we get fully open at some point in July. More Restrictions are getting lifted more today.
I had an attempted kidney stone removal procedure today at our local hospital and I was talking to the nurses and they told me about how they dedicated the whole 4th floor for COVID cases and never needed it. We are considered a metro Atlanta county but I think we’ve had close to 400 cases here.

All I remember is people were selfish for wanting to work to take care of their families and stupid for protesting the lockdowns.

Well now that we are seeing what happens when those are ignored and as people get out more then yeah i would say they helped keep it down.

One cant criticize the lockdowns and now criticize the protestors for not doing what the lockdowns were meant to do.

The word of the day would be hypocrisy.

I'm just calling out the hypocrisy of telling some folks to stop protesting because their going to kill their family, then turn around and protest in the street 2 weeks later.. and then jump back on their old horse once their done with their protests.

Well now that we are seeing what happens when those are ignored and as people get out more then yeah i would say they helped keep it down.

One cant criticizing the lockdowns and now criticize the protestors for not doing what the lockdowns were meant to do.

The word of the day would be hypocrisy.

Most here criticizing the protests are doing so tongue and cheek against the absolute double standard that so clearly exists.

Darn right the word of today is hypocrisy.

@pcbjr could probably use our collective prayers due to a huge surge in new cases in Hogtown’s county, Alachua. They just had a sudden whopping 18% increase in reported cases!

“76 new Alachua County COVID-19 cases are connected to workers at an area farm.”

“One farm worker who traveled to Alachua County from Miami-Dade County unknowingly infected at least 76 additional workers with COVID-19.

A total of 98 people traced back to the worker were tested for the virus Saturday evening, said Paul Myers, administrator for the Department of Health in Alachua County. Eight tested negative and 14 tests are still pending.

The health department will not disclose the exact location of the outbreak, which represents an 18% jump in total cases in the county.”

That’s bad. Let’s hope Phil and his family/friends can stay safe from this horrible virus.

So bizarre how this virus works. So here one man infected 76 people but in this case 2 hairdressers who ended up positive with 140 contacts and NO additional transmissions. Anyone else think that's crazy?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/two-missouri-hairstylists-coronavirus-saw-175900857.html

I’m watching WYFF news 4 tonight and it looks like Greenville county has been declared a hotspot. They said county leaders were “urging anyone who has been to a PROTEST in the last 2 weeks to go and get tested.” Wow moment

You're right -- we probably should stay totally locked down until a vaccine or cure is available. That's absolutely the only reasonable approach to deal with this virus. :rolleyes:

Lock down, supposedly, was to provide healthcare professionals a chance to get ready. Everyone seems to have forgotten this? Mission accomplished. Great. Now, the reality is we must find a way to co-exist (live and work) with the virus until such time a vaccine or effective treatment is available. "Lock downs" are/were never the long-term solution. If you feel otherwise, i'm sorry, you're just not thinking about this from a pragmatic approach. Period. Shaggy: Do you not agree???

Side note: it's worth noting that deaths (which, at the end of the day, is really what we're talking about here, right?) in North Carolina seem to be at their lowest level since mid-April. Yes, deaths are a trailing indicator.. but, NC has now been "reopened" about a month. We'll see what the next few weeks hold, but... again, we should expect to see cases and, unfortunately, deaths increase as we re-open.

1591963349890.png

So China delaying school again over 3 cases? In all of chinas secrecy they cant hide how scared they are of this virus.

So China delaying school again over 3 cases? In all of chinas secrecy they cant hide how scared they are of this virus.

I doubt it’s just 3. They had a resurgence and are covering it up as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back