• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was posted a few days ago that the virus in Italy had mutated and had become far less lethal and with some positive cases barely showing any viral load. On May 7th a virologist posted he was seeing the mutations bearing out the possibility the virus was beginning to mutate itself into extinction. Those 2 articles together paint the picture that the virus just might be burning itself out.
As long as the death rates keep falling I don’t see a issue, we definitely won’t go into a lockdown again so that’s a plus. Heck the local news isn’t even talking about now.

Here are the two articles and I'm hopeful we are seeing these two scenarios play out. Cases still rising hospitalizations staying flat.

Heres the virologist/epidemiologist from May 7th.

Well Lancet just officially retracted the article.

Absolutely stunning; the deception caused dozens of clinical trials to be suspended. How do two of the world's leading peer review medical journals (the New England Journal of Medicine was also duped) allow this to happen?

Russia reports 8,726 new cases and 144 new deaths.
Pakistian reports 3,985 new cases and 68 new deaths.
Bangladesh reports 2,828 new cases and 30 new deaths.

Update : grandpa is doing better, no fever, no high blood pressure, but he’s on a whole lot of oxygen right now, without it he would deteriorate
That’s good to hear. Cooling blankets have been working great for my family even when they had fevers of 105 it helped save them IMO. It can take awhile to get off oxygen part of this. Average time little over a month from what I witnessed.

I don’t at all agree with the message of not complying to flatten the curve and opening up more quickly than WH Task Force guidelines. (This was also done to some extent in 1918-9 by the way.) However, a few days ago I posted about the ridiculous inconsistencies. So, in that regard, I can understand this person’s anger. I mean it is downright ridiculous that individuals in the park or on the beach who weren’t even near others were given tickets as recently as 2 weeks ago. And then all of the sudden (within a few days) massive crowds of folks became widespread with folks barely one foot apart? What about the protests against the lockdown from just 2 weeks ago. I 100% disagreed with them and still do. But the MSM was also totally against them whereas now the MSM is 100% in favor of the last 11 days of massive crowds of tightly packed folks and in some cases (hello CNN) is even giving excuses for the thugs who have been rioting!! In all my years, I don’t think I’ve seen a more absurd inconsistency within such a short period of time.

Let’s see if anyone on the left will like this post. Come on now, you know there’s a ridiculous double standard here!

Last edited:
I don’t at all agree with the message of not complying to flatten the curve and opening up more quickly than WH Task Force guidelines. (This was also done to some extent in 1918-9 by the way.) However, a few days ago I posted about the ridiculous inconsistencies. So, in that regard, I can understand this person’s anger. I mean it is downright ridiculous that individuals in the park or on the beach who weren’t even near others were given tickets as recently as 2 weeks ago. And then all of the sudden (within a few days) massive crowds of folks became widespread with folks barely one foot apart? What about the protests against the lockdown from just 2 weeks ago. I 100% disagreed with them and still do. But the MSM was also totally against them whereas now the MSM is 100% in favor of the last 11 days of massive crowds of tightly packed folks and in some cases (hello CNN) is even giving excuses for the thugs who have been rioting!! In all my years, I don’t think I’ve seen a more absurd inconsistency within such a short period of time.

Let’s see if anyone on the left will like this post. Come on now, you know there’s a ridiculous double standard here!

It is fairly dumb that back on Memorial Day, I remember seeing at least one major news source (I want to say ABC world news but it might have been CNN) showing a shot of the beaches and saying it looks like there's too many people here (it honestly didn't look awful to me though) and now it's crickets with the protests.

I think second widespread lockdown odds aren't very high honestly however unless we start seeing it get really bad with the hospital numbers. We'll know for sure though in about 4-6 weeks, if we don't start getting an uptick there then I think the odds of it are going to diminish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back