• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grandpa just had a stroke likely related to covid 19, has a 102 fever, 201/111 blood pressure reading, has lost a lot of his feeling in his body/very weak, this was so sudden.... I’m really now worried for his life ??‍♂️? he has so many health issues, I had to call 911 for him and save his fall
Praying

Grandpa just had a stroke likely related to covid 19, has a 102 fever, 201/111 blood pressure reading, has lost a lot of his feeling in his body/very weak, this was so sudden.... I’m really now worried for his life ??‍♂️? he has so many health issues, I had to call 911 for him and save his fall
So sorry to hear abt this. I'll be sure to say a prayer for yall.

Praying for him and you guys!

Doctors are saying my grandpas blood pressure has improve to 150/89, but they have found off his chest x-rays that he has pneumonia, and they said that he had a blockage in his artery in his neck and it was damaged, basically meaning he has a aneurysm, that there trying to clear up, that’s quite dangerous and it’s a really good thing he’s getting care, there also checking on his heart to see if it’s inflamed

This isn't good....we are just assuming Cooper is going to transition to phase 3 end of June. These number say we should going the other way. And I guess so much for hot/humid weather slowing this down.

This isn't good....we are just assuming Cooper is going to transition to phase 3 end of June. These number say we should going the other way. And I guess so much for hot/humid weather slowing this down.

I'm starting to think it's never going away. :(

Hopefully just temporary spike. Even if/when virus has overall downward trend, temporary spikes are still possible

Georgia's case numbers are not trending down but the hospital load and deaths are. Maybe the heat helps it to be less lethal?

Remember, we're factoring numbers from two weeks ago and frankly...the real summer weather has just started to hit for us now. The mid 80s+ and humidity. It might have to be that.

But we might be getting our idea on what Memorial Day was going to do. I will say that us getting out hasn't done anything (for either us or the family/friends we were with), but we might turn out to be in the minority as we sure did not go to a beach, we went to spend time in a small town with family, only stopped twice, where we went to eat on the way home, our waitress had a mask, etc.

Edit: Augusta's major hospitals remain nowhere near strained as well fwiw.

Last edited:

While I don’t necessarily expect phase 3 at the end of June at this point and NC truly does seem to be at nearly a flatline, I think the national picture is a little better than it appears. Testing has increased a lot compared to before, which yields more cases, and there’s considerable hot spot testing that’s going on. The positive rate has decreased substantially from a month or two ago, when we likely had significantly more actual cases. We just weren’t catching them. The number of fatalities continues to decline.

That being said, I do think we are in somewhat of a plateau here locally (and the same is true for a lot of states, and in some it truly is getting worse...it’s a big country), so I’m not too hopeful we actually see phase 3 this month, unless the economic pressure becomes overbearing.

There may be the potential that the current social unrest could cause issues in future weeks, though. I guess we’ll see. I’m hopeful it won’t as most of this activity is outside, which is “relatively” safe. However, given Coronavirus is no longer being talked about on the news much these days, I also expect people to stop taking social distancing as seriously, regardless of whether they’re involved in the protests or not.

Yep data is a few weeks late...NC will likely open up more late June.

While I don’t necessarily expect phase 3 at the end of June at this point and NC truly does seem to be at nearly a flatline, I think the national picture is a little better than it appears. Testing has increased a lot compared to before, which yields more cases, and there’s considerable hot spot testing that’s going on. The positive rate has decreased substantially from a month or two ago, when we likely had significantly more actual cases. We just weren’t catching them. The number of fatalities continues to decline.

That being said, I do think we are in somewhat of a plateau here locally (and the same is true for a lot of states, and in some it truly is getting worse...it’s a big country), so I’m not too hopeful we actually see phase 3 this month, unless the economic pressure becomes overbearing.

There may be the potential that the current social unrest could cause issues in future weeks, though. I guess we’ll see. I’m hopeful it won’t as most of this activity is outside, which is “relatively” safe. However, given Coronavirus is no longer being talked about on the news much these days, I also expect people to stop taking social distancing as seriously, regardless of whether they’re involved in the protests or not.

The # of positive cases is a parabolic curve for NC. And I agree, many are not taking this seriously anymore and this will only get much worse now I would think.

The number of test NC is doing is increasing just as rapidly...the # of deaths started to drop the past few days. But if the curve doesn't flatline soon we are going to see the # of deaths increase rapidly.

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 4.46.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 4.42.45 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-04 at 4.42.36 PM.png

Georgia's case numbers are not trending down but the hospital load and deaths are. Maybe the heat helps it to be less lethal?

It was posted a few days ago that the virus in Italy had mutated and had become far less lethal and with some positive cases barely showing any viral load. On May 7th a virologist posted he was seeing the mutations bearing out the possibility the virus was beginning to mutate itself into extinction. Those 2 articles together paint the picture that the virus just might be burning itself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back